Home › News › SCIRT Traffic Update for the week starting Monday 12 December 2016 › SCIRT Traffic Update for the week starting Monday 12 December 2016
SCIRT Traffic Update for the week starting Monday 12 December 2016
This is SCIRT’s second to last Traffic Update as our five and a half year construction programme is winding down.
Christchurch Transport Operations Centre (CTOC) produces a weekly traffic information bulletin. Please email [email protected] to be added to the email distribution list.
- Moorhouse Ave has underground pipe works between Selwyn St and Antigua St, starting on the eastbound lanes. Two-lanes will be maintained.
- Edgeware Rd is closed between Lindsay St and Allard St for wastewater repairs.The intersection of Edgeware Rd and Madras St will remain open for traffic on Madras St travelling north and south. For Edgeware Rd traffic the detour is Manchester St, Canon St and Packe St.
- Westminister St, between Cranford St and Roosevelt Ave, is one-way westbound from Monday 12 December for about 5 days for wastewater repairs.
- Pages Rd, between Anzac Drive and Breezes Rd, is one-way towards the city until mid-December for repairs to a wastewater main pipe and road resurfacing from Anzac Drive to Shuttle Drive. The detour for traffic heading to New Brighton is Breezes Rd, Wainoni Rd, Anzac Drive.
- Pages Rd, between Shuttle Drive and Shortland St, has road resurfacing. Two-way traffic will be maintained.
- Breezes Rd is one-way southbound between Pages Rd and Shortland St. The detour is Shortland St, and Pages Rd.The road is expected to go back to two-way for the Christmas period.
- Woodham Rd remains one-way going east between Worcester Street and Kerrs Rd. Westbound traffic detour is Buckleys Rd, Linwood Ave and Gloucester St.
- North Avon Rd is closed between North Parade and Flesher Ave for wastewater works.This is scheduled to be removed late December.
- St Johns St, between Glenroy St and St Lukes St, is closed for road, footpath, kerb and channel repairs.
- New Brighton Rd is closed between Pratt St and Pages Rd for road works.
- Evans Pass Rd above Sumner is one lane around a retaining wall repair work site. Stop/go traffic management is in place. Please cycle and drive with caution.
Published: 08 December 2016