Home › News › SCIRT Traffic Update for the week starting Monday 14 November 2016 › SCIRT Traffic Update for the week starting Monday 14 November 2016
SCIRT Traffic Update for the week starting Monday 14 November 2016
- From Sunday 13 November for about 5 nights there are SCIRT works repairing wastewater pipes in Madras St in Latimer Square, Cashel St, Hereford St, Lichfield St and Barbadoes St between 7pm and 6am.
- From Monday 21 November Edgeware Rd will be closed between Lindsay St and Allard St for repairs to the northern wastewater trunk main.The intersection of Edgeware and Madras St will remain open for traffic on Madras St travelling north and south but there will be no ability to turn right or left into Edgeware Rd. For Edgeware Rd traffic the detour is Manchester St, Canon St and Packe St.
- Francis Ave between number 3 and number 11 is closed, near the intersection with Warrington St, for another 2 weeks for wastewater repairs.
- Wastewater repair work continues on Mansfield Ave outside the Nurse Maude Hospital with two-way traffic maintained around the worksite.
- The entry to Aikmans Rd from Rossall St will be closed for wastewater repairs for about 3 days from Wednesday 16 November.
- Pages Rd, between Anzac Drive and Breezes Rd, is one-way eastbound towards the city until mid-December for SCIRT repairs to a wastewater main pipe servicing New Brighton and road resurfacing from Anzac Drive to Shuttle Drive. The detour for traffic heading to New Brighton is Breezes Rd, Wainoni Rd, Anzac Drive. This is the final work SCIRT needs to undertake in Pages Rd.
- Road resufacing on Pages Rd, between Breezes Rd and Shuttle Drive, is underway with two-way traffic maintained.
- There are a few road closures in Aranui. Please take care. See the Aranui map for road closures, bus routes and detours.
- The road closure on Hampshire St, from number 14 to number 44 has been extended to number 58.The road and footpaths will be completed by early December.
- Breezes Rd is one-way southbound between Pages Rd and Cuthberts Rd. The detour is Cuthberts Rd, Nugent St, Shortland St, and Pages Rd. This work will continue until December.
- Woodham Rd has re-opened to one-way eastbound traffic between Worcester St and Kerrs Rd. Westbound traffic is detoured via Buckleys Rd, Linwood Ave and Gloucester St. There is no entry from Worcester St onto Woodham Rd. Westbound traffic is detoured via Dunarnan St.
- There is no entry from Kerrs Rd onto Woodham Rd east for about 2 months. Access to the Rosewood Resthome has been restored.
- North Avon Rd is closed between North Parade and Flesher Ave for wastewater repairs. Medway St is closed for Christchurch City Council Dudley Creek flood remediation work. The detour is now Tweed St, Forth St to Flesher Ave. Work along North Parade has been delayed due to changes in the construction programme and the road closure is scheduled to be uplifted by late December.
- Slater St, between North Avon Rd and number 20 Slater St, is one-way northbound for one more week for kerb and channel repairs.
- There is no entry from Beach Rd onto Frosts Rd and Mairehau Rd at that intersection because of SCIRT wastewater repairs starting Monday 31 October for 6 weeks. Two-way traffic will be maintained on Frosts Rd and Mairehau Rd with traffic lights.
- From Monday 14 November there will be a four-way stop/go system at the Beach Rd and Bower Ave intersection for the reinstatement of traffic islands. The work will take a week.
- If you would like to receive a fortnightly Parklands Traffic Update please email CIRinfo@fcc.co.nz or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Temporary traffic lights will maintain two-way traffic on Dyers Pass Rd between Westenra Tce and Hackthorne Rd while a new manhole is installed.
- SCIRT is replacing a section of wastewater pipe at the southern end of Colombo St, near Ashgrove Tce. There is no exit from Ashgrove on to Colombo and no right turn into Ashgrove from Colombo for about 2 weeks.
- Centaurus Rd is closed between numbers 213 and 221.Traffic Lights on Centaurus Place and Ramahana Rd maintain traffic around the worksite. The work is expected to finish this coming week.
- St Johns St, between the two St Lukes St entrances, will be closed from Thursday 3 November for 3 weeks for road repairs.
- Hargood St has storm water, kerb, channel and footpath repairs until mid-December with two-way traffic maintained most of the time.
- Evans Pass Rd above Sumner is down to one lane around a SCIRT retaining wall repair work site. The work will take until the end of the year. Temporary traffic lights maintain two-way traffic. Please drive or cycle with caution.
Published: 10 November 2016