Home › News › SCIRT Traffic Update for the week starting Monday 19 December 2016 › SCIRT Traffic Update for the week starting Monday 19 December 2016
SCIRT Traffic Update for the week starting Monday 19 December 2016
This is SCIRT’s last Traffic Update as our five and a half year construction programme is winding down.
Christchurch Transport Operations Centre (CTOC) produces a weekly traffic information bulletin.
Please email Janine.Porter@tfc.govt.nz to be added to the email distribution list.
- Moorhouse Ave has underground pipe works between Selwyn St and Antigua St, starting on the eastbound lanes. Two lanes will be maintained. Three traffic lanes along Moorhouse Avenue going east will be restored over the Christmas and New Year shutdown period, from 23 December to 16 January. From January 16 that section of Moorhouse Ave going east will be reduced to two lanes again.
- Edgeware Rd is closed between Lindsay St and Allard St for wastewater repairs.The intersection of Edgeware Rd and Madras St will remain open for traffic on Madras St travelling north and south until January 9. For Edgeware Rd traffic, the detour is Manchester St, Canon St and Packe St.
- From January 9 the intersection of Madras St and Edgeware Rd will be closed.
- Pages Rd, between Anzac Drive and Breezes Rd, will re-open to two-way traffic on Friday 16 December, with the completion of the wastewater pipe replacement and most of the road resurfacing.
- Pages Rd, between Shuttle Drive and Shortland St, has road resurfacing at night from Sunday 18 December to Tuesday 20 December. Two-way traffic will be maintained.
- Breezes Rd is expected to return to two-way traffic before Christmas for the holiday period. At present it is one-way southbound between Pages Rd and Shortland St. The detour is Shortland St and Pages Rd.
- Woodham Rd remains one-way going east between Worcester Street and Kerrs Rd. Westbound traffic detour is Buckleys Rd, Linwood Ave and Gloucester St.
- North Avon Rd is closed between North Parade and Flesher Ave for wastewater works. This road closure will be removed on 23 December.
- St Johns St, between Glenroy St and St Lukes St, will re-open to two-way traffic on Thursday 22 December.
- Evans Pass Rd above Sumner is one lane around a retaining wall repair work site. Stop/go traffic management is in place. Please cycle and drive with caution.
Published: 15 December 2016