Home › News › SCIRT Traffic Update for the week starting Monday 21 November 2016 › SCIRT Traffic Update for the week starting Monday 21 November 2016
SCIRT Traffic Update for the week starting Monday 21 November 2016
- From the week starting Monday 21 November Moorhouse Ave has road and underground pipe works just west of the Antigua St intersection starting on the eastbound lanes. Two-lanes will be maintained in both directions.
- Edgeware Rd will be closed between Lindsay St and Allard St for repairs to the northern wastewater trunk main from Monday 21 November.
- The intersection of Edgeware and Madras St will remain open for traffic on Madras St travelling north and south and turning restrictions will be in place. For Edgeware Rd traffic the detour is Manchester St, Canon St and Packe St.
- Wastewater repair work continues on Mansfield Ave outside the Nurse Maude Hospital with two-way traffic maintained around the worksite.
- The entry to Aikmans Rd from Rossall St will be closed for wastewater repairs for about 3 days from Monday 21 November.
- Pages Rd, between Anzac Drive and Breezes Rd, is one-way eastbound towards the city until mid-December for SCIRT repairs to a wastewater main pipe servicing New Brighton and road resurfacing from Anzac Drive to Shuttle Drive. The detour for traffic heading to New Brighton is Breezes Rd, Wainoni Rd, Anzac Drive.
- The southern end of Rowses Rd at the intersection with Breezes Rd is closed for about 2 weeks for road and footpath repairs while the Carters Rd intersection with Breezes remains closed until 30 November.
- Hampshire St is closed from number 14 to 58 and that section will be sealed in this coming week. Another section, from Breezes Rd to 16 Hampshire, will be closed later this coming week with the intersection of Hampshire and Aldershot St closed off to through traffic. These road and footpath repairs will be completed by early December.
- Breezes Rd is one-way southbound between Pages Rd and Cuthberts Rd. The detour is Cuthberts Rd, Nugent St, Shortland St, and Pages Rd. This work will continue until December. See the Aranui map for road closures, bus routes and detours.
- Woodham Rd is one-way eastbound between Worcester St and Kerrs Rd. Westbound traffic’s detour is Buckleys Rd, Linwood Ave and Gloucester St.
- There is no entry from Worcester St onto Woodham Rd and from Kerrs Rd onto Woodham Rd.
- North Avon Rd is closed between North Parade and Flesher Ave for wastewater repairs. Medway St is closed for Christchurch City Council Dudley Creek flood remediation work. The detour is now Tweed St, Forth St to Flesher Ave.
- The road closure along North Avon Rd and Eveleyn Couzins intersection is scheduled to be removed late December.
- There is no entry from Beach Rd into Mairehau Rd or from Frosts Rd into Beach Rd at that intersection for wastewater repairs. Two-way traffic is maintained on Frosts Rd and Mairehau Rd while work continues.
- Temporary traffic lights and a stop/go system will maintain two-way traffic on Dyers Pass Rd between Westenra Tce and Hackthorne Rd while a new manhole is installed.
- At the southern end of Colombo St wastewater repairs mean no exit from Ashgrove Tce on to Colombo St and no right turn into Ashgrove Tce for one more week.
- St Johns St, between Glenroy St and St Lukes St, is closed from Thursday 24 November for 2 weeks for road repairs. Then the closure shifts to St Lukes St.
- Hargood St has storm water, kerb, channel and footpath repairs until mid-December with two-way traffic maintained most of the time.
- Evans Pass Rd above Sumner is one lane around a retaining wall repair work site. Temporary traffic lights maintain two-way traffic. Please drive or cycle with caution.
Published: 17 November 2016