Home › News › SCIRT traffic update, week starting Monday, 10 August, 2015 › SCIRT traffic update, week starting Monday, 10 August, 2015
SCIRT traffic update, week starting Monday, 10 August, 2015
Gayhurst Road bridge opens 14 August
The north-south approaches of the new Gayhurst Road bridge open to traffic from midday on Friday, 14 August.
Thank you for your patience during SCIRT’s demolition and construction of the Gayhurst Road bridge.
Work to remove the temporary footbridge starts on Monday, 17 August, with Avonside Drive one-way west-bound for up to three weeks.
Central city update
• Durham St is down to two lanes near Moorhouse Ave for about two weeks. Expect delays. Consider using Antigua St, Barbadoes St or Colombo St instead.
• The U-turn bays under the Moorhouse Ave overbridge are closed. This affects traffic accessing the Harvey Norman Centre or nearby supermarkets. Please follow the signs to reach these businesses.
• The eastern intersection of Manchester St/Worcester St will be closed. There will be no access into Manchester St from the eastern intersection of Worcester St, coming from Latimer Sq. There will also be no access across Manchester St from the western side of Worcester Street.
• Manchester St is southbound only between Armagh St and Hereford St. Try to avoid during peak hours or follow detours.
• Sections of Bealey Ave will have temporary lane closures - between Madras St and Packe St – til mid-August. There will be no exit from Madras St onto Bealey Ave. Southbound traffic on Madras St will detour.
Best ways to get through the city centre this week:
• Northbound: Montreal St and Fitzgerald Ave
• Southbound: Barbadoes St and Fitzgerald Ave
• Eastbound: Salisbury St and Tuam St
• Westbound: Moorhouse Ave, Kilmore St and St Asaph St
See the latest Aranui map showing bus routes and detours.
- Pages Rd has returned to one-way, city-bound only, between Shuttle Dr and Bexley Reserve. The Pages Rd/Marlow Rd (south side) intersection is closed for about 3 weeks.
- Work is underway to install the new vacuum wastewater mainline along a section of Hampshire St and Portsmouth St with road closures in place for about three months. Please be aware of changes to the traffic set up, take care and drive to the conditions.
- A progressive road closure will be in place along Sandown Cres, for about seven weeks, to install the vacuum wastewater mainline pipe.
- Breezes Rd will continue to be one-way between Wainoni Rd and Pages Rd. Please watch for pedestrians and cyclists. There are two schools on Breezes Rd and other businesses with people coming and going. Thanks to everyone for supporting local businesses affected by the work.
- Doreen St is one way.
- Mattingley St is one-way (entry from Portchester St, exit onto Carisbrooke St) for about another week.
- Yarmouth Cres is one-way southbound (travelling towards Rowan Ave) for about four weeks.
- Parts of Ventnor Cres will be closed for about seven weeks.
Work in other suburbs
Redcliffs - Main Rd
Main Rd, between Beachville Rd and Taupata St, will be one-way Sumner-bound, for about two weeks. City-bound traffic detours via Augusta St, James St and Taupata St. Access to the Redcliffs shops between Augusta St and Taupata St will be via the one-way system.
Spreydon & Somerfield – Barrington St
SCIRT is repairing roads, footpaths, kerb and channel in Spreydon and Somerfield. This work will take about a month to finish, subject to weather. Traffic will be one-way northbound (towards the city) on Barrington St. South-bound traffic please follow detours. Road closures and turning restrictions where Barrington St intersects with Somerfield St, Rose St, Stanbury Ave and Studholme St.
- Worcester St continues to be one-way southbound, between Linwood Ave and Woodham Rd.
- Part of Jollie St will be closed until the end of August. One side of the street is open for pedestrians. Please follow the signs.
- Avonside Dr continues to be one-way westbound, between Stanmore Rd and Fitzgerald Ave.
- Linwood Ave pipe-lining work at night means shoulder closures, lane reductions and turning restrictions over the next three months near the Buckleys Rd/Aldwins Rd intersection. Watch for changing traffic conditions and signage.
Burwood - Lake Terrace Rd
Lake Terrace Rd is closed between New Brighton Rd and De Ville Pl, including the Burwood Rd intersection, until mid-August. Please follow detour signs.
A road closure will be in place at the intersection of Radiata Ave and Ingrid St for about a week. Follow the detour.
Edgeware – Hills Rd & Dudley St
Dudley St/Hills Rd intersection has returned to exit only onto Hills Rd, and a no right turn onto Hills Rd. Watch for changed traffic conditions. The one-way system for northbound traffic on Hills Rd (between Guild St and Dudley St) continues. Southbound traffic follow the detour signage.
Sydenham – Colombo St
Colombo St has lane reductions between Strickland St and Beaumont St for about eight weeks. Expect delays during peaks hours. Use an alternative route if possible.
Richmond – Chrystal St
Part of Chrystal St is one-way southbound with work continuing until September. As work progresses two-way traffic will be reinstated when possible.
- Manning Pl is one-way southbound for about a week. Please follow detour.
- Smith St between Bray St and Ferry Rd is closed until October. Traffic on Matlock St will be unable to enter or exit Smith St, please use Mackworth St.
Thanks for being a Rebuild hero: Local businesses appreciate your support while there are road works nearby. Thank you for going the extra mile for the rebuild.
Published: 07 August 2015