Skip to Navigation
Skip to Content

Frequently Asked Questions - governance

Who is paying for the infrastructure rebuild?
Printer-friendly version

Funding for the infrastructure rebuild is being provided through Christchurch City Council, Canterbury Earthquake Recovery Authority (CERA) - now transferred to the Deparment of Prime Minister and Cabinet, and New Zealand Transport Agency (NZTA).

How do I know if my wall is a publicly owned wall (that Council will fix) or a privately owned wall (which is my responsibility)?
Printer-friendly version

Council is currently completing an inventory of retaining walls to confirm which are publicly and which are privately owned. Public walls will be repaired, where necessary, through the SCIRT infrastructure rebuild. Private wall repairs will be the responsibility of the landowner.

Who is fixing the 'other' city owned infrastructure?
Printer-friendly version

Other city infrastructure such as facilities and buildings was damaged in the earthquakes. The Christchurch City Council will manage the repair/rebuild of this city-owned infrastructure.