Esplanade - Sumner - Wastewater *update*
The next section of the Esplanade wastewater project that Fulton Hogan will be working on is by the pedestrian crossing, opposite 26 Esplanade. We will begin this 30 metre long section on Tuesday 5 June and we expect it to take one week. We need to open trench this section due to the close proximity of underground services in this area, rather than using underground drilling as we have in the other sections.
Where we will be working
How our work could impact you
- The work will result in increased noise, dust and vibration levels because of trucks, excavators and compactors.
- The work will not impact current power, telecommunication, wastewater, water or gas services.
- Works will take place between 7.00am and 6.00pm, Monday to Saturday.
- All works are subject to favourable weather and site conditions
- Pedestrians will be diverted along the footpath at the rear of the war memorials. If needed, pedestrians will be escorted through the work site across the pedestrian crossing adjacent to Cave Rock.
- We will need to close one traffic lane along Esplanade between the northern and southern intersections of Esplanade and Marriner Street.
- There will be a detour for northwest bound traffic via Marriner Street.
- There will be no on-street parking immediately adjacent to the worksite. Signage will indicate where parking will not be permitted.
- There will be a temporary 30km/h speed limit in place through the worksite.
- Vehicle access to local residents will be maintained via the one-way system. Please contact Fulton Hogan on 0800 277 34 34 if you have any specific access requirements that we need to consider e.g. nurse/doctor visits, Meals on Wheels or planned works on your property.
Stay safe and alert, keep children and pets at a safe distance from the work site. If you wish to speak to someone on site please go to the person furthest away from any moving machinery.