Home › Barton Street - Woolston - Freshwater pipe installation
Barton Street - Woolston - Freshwater pipe installation
- Installation of two freshwater pipes.
- Starting Monday 28 November 2016 for about two weeks.
- Barton Street will remain closed.
- Resident access maintained where possible.
Sourced from LINZ data, Crown Copyright reserved.
What we are doing
- You may have received a notice about two freshwater pipes on Barton Street that were to be replaced by City Care while Downer completes manhole installations.
- Due to insufficient worksite space this work has been delayed. This work will now start Monday 28 November, and will take about two weeks to complete, subject to favourable on-site and weather conditions.
- The work will involve digging a trench to remove the damaged section of pipe and relaying the new mainline. Once the pipe is inspected the trench will be backfilled and sealed.
- Replacing freshwater pipes is faster to complete and less disruptive than replacing wastewater pipes. The work will start at #69 and progress towards the intersection with Bamford Street.
- Properties 69, 71, 73, 77, 79 and 81 will lose vehicle access for up to two days while City Care works in front of each driveway. One of the crew will knock on your door before your access is restricted so you can move your vehicle if necessary. Access will only be restricted during work hours.
Please note: This work will have no impact on your current freshwater supply.
- Barton Street will remain closed during these repairs. Vehicle access to properties will be maintained where possible.
- Pedestrian access will be maintained. Footpath diversions may be in place.
- We will begin removing the over-pumping pipe starting Monday 21 November, and will take about one week to complete, subject to favourable on-site and weather conditions.
- Where the pipe crosses your driveway there may be a short period of time when access to your property is restricted while we remove the pipe and ramp.
- One our crew will knock on your door before your access is restricted so you can move your vehicle if necessary. We apologise for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
- Our standard work hours are Monday to Friday between the hours of 7.00am and 6.00pm. On rare occasions we may need to work outside these hours.
- There will be increased noise, dust and vibration levels associated with this work.
- Works will have no planned impact on current power, telecommunication, water or gas services. However, the network is still fragile so please be prepared in case there is an unexpected service cut off.
- Safety is our number one priority. Safety is your responsibility too. Stay clear and stay alert—keep children and pets at a safe distance from the work site.
- Your rubbish and recycling will not change. Please put your bins in the normal spot by 5pm the night before collection and our crew will move and return them if needed. Please make sure your house number is visible on the bins so our crews can return the bins to the correct property.
Need more information?
- Call Downer on:
- 0800 400 310 between 8.30am and 5.00pm Monday to Friday
- Email Downer:
- [email protected]
- Visit the SCIRT website: