Stedley Place - Heathcote Valley - Roading repairs and the installation of a storm water pipe and sump - Scope of repairs *Update*
- Work started from Wednesday 23 November and will take about four weeks.
- Stedley Place closed.
- Residents only access maintained.
Sourced from LINZ data, Crown Copyright reserved.
What we are doing
- On Wednesday 23 November Downer, as part of SCIRT, begun repairs in Stedley Place to sections of the kerb and channel, footpath and carriageway (the part of the road that you drive on).
- Our repairs in Stedley Place will also include the installation of a new storm water pipe and sump.
- See Map 1 for the scope of the repairs.
- These repairs will take about two weeks to complete, subject to favourable on-site and weather conditions.
The funding for the SCIRT programme does not allow for new roads in all areas. SCIRT will fully rebuild some roads, partially rebuild others and in many cases roads will only be patched or resurfaced. Only roads that are severely damaged or are critical transport routes will be fully rebuilt.
- Stedley Place will be closed for the duration of the works. Residents only access will be maintained.
- Two-way traffic will be maintained. At times, this may require a stop go traffic or priority give-way traffic management system.
- Road users, and residents entering properties near the site may experience short delays. We apologise for any inconvenience. Your patience and consideration is appreciated.
- There will be no on-street parking around the worksite.
- No parking cones will be put in place before work starts. Please do not park next to the no-parking cones or works may be delayed.
- Your access may be blocked for a short period of time if we are working in front of your driveway. The crew will knock on the door before they begin works to give you an opportunity to move your vehicle if necessary.
- You will be able to safely access your property by foot.
- Our friendly crew will be happy to help you carry items into or out of your property when your access is blocked. Please just let them know.
- You will experience general construction noise, vibration and dust while we are doing this work. We apologise for any inconvenience.
- Please contact Downer on 0800 400 310 if you have any specific access requirements that we need to consider e.g. large vehicle deliveries, rubbish collection, or planned works on your property.
- Our work hours are Monday to Friday between the hours of 7.00am and 6.00pm. On occasion we may need to work during the weekend to complete essential work.
- There will be increased noise, dust and vibration levels associated with this work.
- Safety is our number one priority. Safety is your responsibility too. Stay clear and stay alert—keep children and pets at a safe distance from the worksite.
- Please put your rubbish and recycling out before 6:00pm the day before your collection. Our work crews will move your bins to the end of the street for collection and return the empty bins back to your property boundary. Please make sure your house number is visible on the bins so our crews can return the bins to the correct property.
Need more information?
Contact Downer on 0800 400 310 or [email protected]