Aldershot Street and Ben Rarere Avenue - Aranui - partial road repair
- Intersection of Aldershot Street and Ben Rarere Avenue.
- Repair to sections of the earthquake damaged road, kerb and channel.
- Scheduled to start on Thursday 8 December 2016, work will continue in early 2017.
- Traffic Impact
- A temporary road closure will be in place at this intersection.
- Vehicle access for residents will be maintained outside work hours.
Sourced from LINZ data, Crown Copyright reserved.
A temporary closure at the intersection will be in place. A one-way traffic system heading north towards Gosport Street will be in place along Aldershot Street.
Due to the nature of this work, and for the safety of our residents and workers, residents will not be able to drive through our work area during our work hours (7.00 am to 6.00 pm). Vehicle access for residents to via this intersection will be maintained after our work hours. Emergency access will always be maintained.
Where we are working
- As you may be aware Fletcher (as part of SCIRT) are repairing sections of the earthquake damaged infrastructure in the northern Aranui area.
- First stage of the work (kerb and channel repair) at the intersection of Aldershot Street and Ben Rarere Avenue is scheduled to will on Thursday 8 December.
This work site will be uplifted in the week of Monday 21 December. We will be back in your street to start stage two of work (road repair) in mid-January 2017. We will deliver an update notice to affected residents closer to the time.
- Talk to us at Fletcher on 0800 444 919
- Contact us
- Our usual hours of work are 7 am to 6 pm, Monday to Friday, with weekend and night work when required.
- The work will have no planned impact on power, wastewater, phone, water or gas services.
- The work may result in increased dust, noise and vibrations due to the machinery used. We will try to keep any disruption to a minimum and we apologise for any inconvenience.
- All work is subject to favourable weather and on-site construction conditions.
- Your rubbish and recycling will not change. Please put your bins in the normal spot by 5pm the night before collection and our crew will move and return them if needed.
- Please contact us on 0800 444 919 if you have any access needs e.g. nurse/doctor visits, Meals on Wheels or planned work on your property.
Safety is our number one priority. Safety is your responsibility too. Stay clear and stay alert—keep children and pets at a safe distance. Keep your vehicle safe by locking it and removing any valuable items.
How could the work impact you?
- At times, footpath access will be restricted. One side of the street will always be open for pedestrian use. Please follow our signs.
- When we are working outside your property, access to your driveway may be restricted at times for up to one week. You will be notified prior to this happening by either a door knock or by a note left in your letterbox. This will give you a chance to move your vehicle out of your drive. Emergency vehicle access will always be maintained.
- If you need your car when your driveway is blocked, you may need to park on the street, outside the work area or park your car at a friend or a neighbour.
- Some on-street parking will not be available immediately next to the work area, no parking cones will be in place to show this.
- Repairing roads can be noisy because of the heavy machinery needed. We apologise for the disruption and will work quickly to get this job done.
Thank you from the team
Thanks | Kia Ora | Fa'afetai.
We would like to thank you for your continued patience and understanding while we complete this essential work in your street.
If you have any queries or concerns about our work, please contact Fletcher SCIRT by calling 0800 444 919 or by emailing [email protected]