Barton Street - Woolston - Road reconstruction
- Reconstructing the carriageway (the part of the road that you drive on).
- Starting from 8 December 2016 for about one week.
- Barton St will remain closed.
- Resident access maintained where possible.
Sourced from LINZ data, Crown Copyright reserved.
What we are doing
- Downer, as part of SCIRT, have successfully completed wastewater repairs on Barton Street.
- Starting on Thursday 8 December, we will begin reconstructing the road surface. This work will take about one week to complete, subject to favourable on-site and weather conditions.
- We will remove the existing road surface, which is a noisy and dusty process. You may experience vibrations similar to a small earthquake. We will do our best to keep disruption to a minimum.
- Once the surface has been removed we will prepare and lay the new road surface (see photos).
- We will also be texturising a small section of asphalt at the northern end of Barton Street. Texturising reinstates a patched section of road to a similar state as the surrounding road surface and provides traction. This work will take about two hours to complete.
- The road will not be swept for about one week after the seal is laid. This allows the seal to cure and the seal will last longer. Please be aware that there will be loose gravel on the road until it is swept.
Need More Information?
Contact Downer: 0800 400 310 or by email: [email protected]
Traffic and work impacts
- Barton Street will remain closed. Vehicle access will be maintained where possible.
- There may be times when vehicle access to your property is restricted while we work past your driveway. Please let the crew know and they will move vehicles as soon as possible.
- There will be no on-street parking around the worksite. We apologise for any inconvenience.
- Pedestrian access will be maintained. Please use the footpath at all times and take extra care when crossing the road.
- Please be alert to changes in traffic management, follow signage and directions from the crew on-site and drive to the changed conditions.
What our work will look like
Re-levelling the carriageway:
Resurfacing the road:
After repairs to the road surface are complete, landscapers will come to reinstate the grass berms.
- Please contact Downer on 0800 400 310 if you have any specific access requirements that we need to consider.
- Our standard work hours are Monday to Friday between the hours of 7.00am and 6.00pm. On rare occasions we may need to work outside these hours.
- There will be increased noise, dust and vibration levels associated with this work.
- All works are subject to favourable weather and on-site construction conditions.
- Safety is our number one priority. Safety is your responsibility too. Stay clear and stay alert—keep children and pets at a safe distance from the work site.
- Your rubbish and recycling will not change. Please put your bins in the normal spot by 5pm the night before collection and our crew will move them and return them if needed. Please make sure your house number is visible on the bins so our crews can return the bins to the correct property.