Reserve Terrace - Lyttelton - Road preparation works
- Road preparation works.
- Starting on Tuesday 13 December for about two weeks.
Sourced from LINZ data, Crown Copyright reserved.
What we are doing
- Downer, as a part of SCIRT, is repairing earthquake damaged, publicly owned retaining walls on Reserve Terrace in Lyttelton.
- Over the past month we have been making repairs to the storm water and wastewater system along Reserve Terrace and Watsons Lane.
- This work is expected to begin on Tuesday 13 December. It will take about two weeks to complete, subject to favourable on-site and weather conditions, we will begin road preparation works along Reserve Terrace.
- We will remove the existing road surface, which is a noisy and dusty process. You may experience vibrations on your property similar to a small earthquake.
- Our work will be split into two stages. See Map 1 for location of works.
- Stage 1:
- Within the week of Monday 12 December, we will be working between #49 Sumner Road and #29B Reserve Terrace.
- Stage 2:
- Following this, our worksite will move between #31 and #35 Reserve Terrace.
- Once the road surface has been removed, we will prepare and lay the new road surface. This will take place in early January, following our Christmas and New Year's shut down period.
- Stage 1:
- Residents at properties 13, 17, 23, 27, and 29B will have restricted vehicle access to their property. On-street parking will be available north of the worksite.
- Stage 2:
- Residents at properties 29B, 31, 33, 35, 14, and 16 Reserve Terrace; and 31 Sumner Road will have restricted vehicle access to their property. On-street parking will be available south of the worksite.
- Watsons Lane will be closed in our second stage of works. The suggested detour route to the Town Centre will be via Randolph Terrace, Stevensons Steep, and St Davids Street.
- Vehicles parked within the worksite are advised to reverse down into Reserve Terrace from the Randolph Terrace and Reserve Terrace junction. Vehicles can turn around at our site office on the Reserve Terrace and Sumner Road junction.
- Resident only pedestrian access to properties will be maintained at all times.
Downer, as part of SCIRT, will be taking a break over Christmas and New Year's from Friday 23 December 2016 until Monday 9 January 2017.
We will deliver another work notice before this time to update you on our work.
We understand the impacts of this work are significant. Please contact the Downer team if you have any questions or concerns. Thank you for your patience while we complete these essential repairs.
- Please contact Downer on 0800 400 310 if you have any specific access requirements that we need to consider e.g. large vehicle deliveries, rubbish collection, or planned works on your property.
- Our work hours are Monday to Friday between the hours of 7.00am and 6.00pm. On occasion we may need to work during the weekend to complete essential work.
- There will be increased noise, dust and vibration levels associated with this work.
Need more information?
- Call Downer on:
- 0800 400 310 between 8.30am and 5.00pm Monday to Friday
- Email Downer:
- [email protected]
- Visit the SCIRT website: