Retreat Road - Avonside - Wastewater and roading repairs - End of Year
Sourced from LINZ data, Crown Copyright reserved.
What we are doing
- Downer, as part of SCIRT, is repairing the earthquake damaged wastewater system in Avonside.
- Within the week of Monday 19 December we will begin the removal of sheet piles from the wastewater chamber. This work is expected to take two days to complete, subject to favourable on-site and weather conditions. See Map 1 for location of works.
- The sheet piles will be vibrated out of the ground. There is increased noise and dust associated with this work.
- Following this work, vehicle access to properties will be restored.
- Please note:
- We will use water trucks to maintain dust suppression along Retreat Road over the Christmas and New Year's break.
SCIRT will shut down its worksites from Friday 23 December 2016 to Monday 9 January 2017, over the Christmas and New Year's break.
SCIRT would like to thank you for your patience throughout 2016.
Have a safe and happy festive season.
- Work along Retreat Road will recommence on Monday 9 January 2017, following the Christmas and New Year's break.
- We will continue to work on the new Northern Relief section of wastewater pipe for about two weeks.
- During this stage of work, pedestrian and vehicle access to properties will be maintained.
City Care, as part of the Christchurch City Council, will be replacing a section of the water main on Retreat Road that was removed to allow our wastewater repairs to take place. We will update you once the date for this work is confirmed.
- Following the completion of these works, our road reshaping and resurfacing is expected to begin within the week of Monday 23 January 2017. This work is expected to take about one month to complete, subject to favourable on-site and weather conditions.
- This work involves digging out the existing road surface and then relaying a new road surface. This is a noisy and dusty process. Once the surface has been removed we will prepare the road and then lay the new road surface.
- Our work will start at the west end of Retreat Road and progress east.
- Retreat Road will be closed with resident access only. Two-way traffic will be maintained with a stop/go priority give way traffic management system. There may be reduced parking around the worksite.
- Pedestrian access to properties will be maintained at all times.
- There may be times when vehicle access to some properties is blocked. This will be temporary and we will put in a steel plate as soon as possible to restore your vehicle access. A member of our crew will door knock at your property before your access is blocked so you can move your vehicles if necessary.
- You will receive another work notice updating you on the roading work before it begins.
- Please contact Downer on 0800 400 310 if you have any specific access requirements that we need to consider e.g. large vehicle deliveries, rubbish collection, or planned works on your property.
- Our work hours are Monday to Friday between the hours of 7.00am and 6.00pm. On occasion we may need to work during the weekend to complete essential work.
- There will be increased noise, dust and vibration levels associated with this work.
- Works will have no planned impact on current power, telecommunication, water or gas services. However, the network is still fragile so please be prepared in case there is an unexpected service cut off.
- Safety is our number one priority. Safety is your responsibility too. Stay clear and stay alert—keep children and pets at a safe distance from the worksite.