Edgeware Road - St Albans / Edgeware - wastewater trunk main - Holiday shut-down
As you may be aware, SCIRT has been carrying out repairs to the wastewater trunk main along Edgeware Road since November 2016.
What you need to know
- Our holiday shut-down period is from Friday 23 December 2016 to Monday 9 January 2017.
- The intersection of Edgeware Road and Madras Street will remain open for two-way traffic on Madras Street, travelling north and south. Turning restrictions are in place onto Edgeware Road.
- We will reduce the fenced area as much as possible to ensure resident safety and maximum access to properties. However, due to the nature of this work, access to your driveway may still be restricted. Emergency vehicle access will always be maintained.
- Dewatering pumps are in place and will continue to operate over the shut-down period.
- From Friday 23 December 2016 to Monday 9 January 2017 we ask you to please move your bins to the edge of the road closure by 5:00 pm the night before collection. Please ensure your bins have your house number on them so they do not get lost.
- During the shut-down period the Fletcher SCIRT 0800 number will be answered for emergency calls only.
- Stage 2 work will commence on Monday 9 January 2017.
- We plan to close the Edgeware Road and Madras Street intersection at this time.
- Please keep in mind that our programme is weather dependent and we will work as quick as we can to reopen this intersection.
- Signed detours routes will remain in place. Please look out for changes to our traffic management.
Map 1: Traffic Stage 2.
During Christmas and New Year's, SCIRT will shut-down its work sites from Friday 23 December 2016 to Monday 9 January 2017.
SCIRT would like to thank you for your patience throughout 2016.
Have a safe and happy holiday.
- Talk to us at Fletcher on 0800 444 919
- Contact us