Home › Carlyle Street - Sydenham - Wastewater lateral repair
Carlyle Street - Sydenham - Wastewater lateral repair
- Repairing a wastewater lateral.
- Carlyle Street, Sydenham.
- Starting Tuesday 17 January 2017 for about two days.
What we are doing
- Downer as part of SCIRT is repairing the earthquake damaged wastewater system in Sydenham.
- Starting Tuesday 17 January 2017, we will be repairing a wastewater lateral outside 144 Carlyle Street, Sydenham.
- This work will take about two days to complete, subject to favourable on-site and weather conditions.
- We will be repairing a wastewater lateral connection. A lateral is the pipe that connects a property to the mainline in the street.
- We will need to dig a hole in the middle of the car park and access the pipe. See Map 1 for location of works.
- Once the repair is complete we will backfill the access point. The holes will then be sealed by a separate roading crew later in the week.
- There may be an increased level of noise, dust and vibration levels associated with this work.
- Two-way traffic flow will be maintained. Please follow signage and drive to the changed conditions.
- Vehicle access to businesses will be maintained. However, please be aware the lanes will be narrower and tighter than usual. Please contact Downer if you have any large deliveries we need to consider prior to work beginning.
- There will be a reduction in available car parks as a result of this work. We apologise for any inconvenience.
Need more information?
Contact Downer on 0800 400 310 or [email protected]