Home › Cumnor Terrace - Woolston - Wastewater repairs
Cumnor Terrace - Woolston - Wastewater repairs
- Patch repair of the wastewater mainline.
- Friday 20 January 2017, starting at 7:00pm for one night.
- Intersection of Cumnor Terrace and Marshall Street, Woolston.
- Road closed.
- See suggested detour on Map 1.
Sourced from LINZ data, Crown Copyright reserved.
What we are doing
- Downer, as part of SCIRT, is repairing the earthquake damaged wastewater system in Woolston.
- Starting Friday 20 January 2017, Downer will be working from a manhole at the intersection of Cumnor Terrace and Marshall Street to repair a section of the wastewater mainline. See Map 1 for location of works.
- This work will take one night to complete, subject to favourable on-site and weather conditions. We will be working from 7:00pm–5:00am.
- This work is being done at night to minimise impact to businesses and traffic flow during the day.
- To complete the patch repair we will need to install over-pumping which diverts wastewater between two manholes while we work on the mainline.
- Please note: You may hear an increased level of noise associated with this work. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us.
- Cumnor Terrace will be closed at the intersection of Marshall Street between 7:00pm and 5:00am.
- Suggested detour via Chichester Street, Radley Street, and Garlands Road. See Map 1.
- Vehicle and pedestrian access to all properties will be maintained.
- Please be alert to the changes in traffic management, follow signage and drive to the changed conditions.
Need more information?
Contact Downer on 0800 400 310 between 8:30am and 5:00pm Monday to Friday or email [email protected]
- After-hours Contact (City Care):
- 03 941 7200