Home › Bamford Street - Woolston - Wastewater repairs
Bamford Street - Woolston - Wastewater repairs
- Patch repair of the wastewater mainline.
- Tuesday 17 January 2017, for about three nights.
- Bamford Street and Jubilee Street intersection.
- One-way north on Bamford Street between Broad Street and Jubilee Street.
Sourced from LINZ data, Crown Copyright reserved.
What we are doing
- owner, as part of SCIRT, is repairing the earthquake damaged wastewater system in Woolston.
- Starting Tuesday 17 January 2017, Downer will be working from a manhole at the intersection of Bamford Street and Jubilee Street to repair various sections of the wastewater mainline. See Map 1 for location of works.
- This work will take about three nights to complete, subject to favourable on-site and weather conditions. We will be working from 7:00pm–5:00am.
- To conduct the patch repairs we will need to install over-pumping which diverts wastewater between two manholes while we work on the mainline.
- We will be using a flexible "lay-flat" hose that allows you to safely drive over it with your vehicle. Please take care and drive slowly when crossing the over-pumping hose.
- This work is being done at night to minimise impact to businesses and traffic flow during the day.
- Bamford Street will be one-way northbound between Broad Street and Jubilee Street.
- Please use King Edward Terrace to access Bamford Street South during these works.
- There will be a reduction in parking around the worksite.
- Please be alert to the changes in traffic management, follow signage and drive to the changed conditions.
Need more information?
Contact Downer on 0800 400 310 between 8:30am and 5:00pm Monday to Friday or email [email protected]
- After-hours Contact (City Care):
- 03 941 7200