Home › Retreat Road - Avonside - Road reconstruction
Retreat Road - Avonside - Road reconstruction
- Reconstructing the carriageway (the part of the road that you drive on).
- Starting within the week of Monday 23 January for about four weeks.
What we are doing
- Downer, as part of SCIRT, is repairing the earthquake damaged wastewater system in Avonside.
- Within the week of Monday 23 January, we will begin carriageway reconstruction along Retreat Road. See Map 1.
- This work is expected to take about four weeks to complete, subject to favourable on-site and weather conditions.
- First, we will remove the existing road surface, which is a noisy and dusty process. We will use a milling machine to carry out this work. We will do our best to keep disruption to a minimum.
- Once the road surface has been removed we will prepare and lay the new road surface (see photos for an example of what our work looks like).
What our work will look like
Re-levelling the carriageway:
Resurfacing the road:
- Retreat Road will be open for residents vehicle access only, however you may experience short delays while we work in front of your property. A traffic controller will be on-site to help direct vehicles safely in and out of your property.
- Pedestrian access will be maintained for the duration of repairs.
- There may be times when vehicle access to your property is restricted. This will be temporary and we will put in a steel plate as soon as possible to restore your vehicle access. A member of our crew will door knock at your property before your access is blocked so you can move your vehicles if necessary.
- There will be no-parking cones in place along Retreat Road to make way for the worksite.
Need more information?
Contact Downer on 0800 400 310 or [email protected]