Home › Rutherford Street - Woolston - Wastewater repairs
Rutherford Street - Woolston - Wastewater repairs
- Patch repair of the wastewater mainline.
- Thursday 19 January 2017, starting at 7:00pm for two nights.
- Rutherford Street and Barton Street intersection.
- Two-way traffic maintained.
- No right turns at the intersection.
Sourced from LINZ data, Crown Copyright reserved.
What we are doing
- Downer, as part of SCIRT, is repairing the earthquake damaged wastewater system in Woolston.
- Starting Thursday 19 January 2017, Downer will be working in Rutherford Street to repair a section of the wastewater mainline. See Map 1 for location of works.
- This work will take about two nights to complete, subject to favourable on-site and weather conditions. We will be working from 7:00pm–5:00am.
- This work is being done at night to minimise impact to businesses and traffic flow during the day.
- To complete the patch repair we will need to install over-pumping which diverts wastewater between two manholes while we work on the mainline.
- Please note:
- You may hear an increased level of noise associated with this work. If you have any questions or concerns about the impact of this work, please contact us.
- Two-way traffic will be maintained on Rutherford Street.
- There will be no right turns at the intersection of Rutherford Street and Barton Street. Please use Barton Street and Lane Street to turn around on Rutherford Street. See Map 1 for suggested detour.
- Please be alert to the changes in traffic management, follow signage and drive to the changed conditions.
Need more information?
Contact Downer on 0800 400 310 between 8:30am and 5:00pm Monday to Friday or email [email protected]
- After-hours Contact (City Care):
- 03 941 7200