Home › Dundas Street - Central city - Wastewater lateral repair
Dundas Street - Central city - Wastewater lateral repair
- Repairing a wastewater lateral.
- Dundas Street, Central City.
- Starting Thursday 19 January 2017, for about two days.
Sourced from LINZ data, Crown Copyright reserved.
What we are doing
- Downer, as part of SCIRT, is repairing the earthquake damaged wastewater system in Sydenham.
- Starting Thursday 19 January 2017, we will be repairing a wastewater lateral outside 31 Dundas Street.
- This work will take two days to complete, subject to favourable on-site and weather conditions.
- A lateral is the pipe that connects a property to the mainline in the street. We will need to dig a small trench near the middle of the road to access and repair the damaged pipe. See Map 1 for location of works.
- Once the connection is repaired we will backfill the access point. The trench will then be sealed by a separate roading crew.
- Two-way traffic will be maintained on Dundas Street using a stop-go system.
- To create a safe work area for the crew and to maintain two-way traffic there will be a reduction in available car parks.
- Please use alternative parking during this time. We apologise for any inconvenience.
- Our standard hours of work are 7:00am–6:00pm.
- We appreciate your cooperation and patience while we complete these essential repairs.
- There may be an increased level of noise, dust and vibration levels associated with this work. We will do our best to keep disruption to a minimum.
- We appreciate your patience and cooperation while we complete these essential repairs.
Need more information?
Contact Downer on 0800 400 310 or [email protected]