Reserve Terrace - Lyttelton - Road resealing
- Resealing the carriageway (the part of the road that you drive on).
- Starting within the week of Monday 23 January for about two weeks.
Sourced from LINZ data, Crown Copyright reserved.
What we are doing
- Downer, as a part of SCIRT, has been repairing the earthquake damaged, publicly owned retaining walls, storm water and wastewater drainage on Reserve Terrace in Lyttelton.
- Within the week of Monday 23 January, we will continue road preparation and road sealing between 13 Reserve Terrace to Watsons Lane. See Map 1.
- This work is expected to take about two weeks to complete, subject to favourable on-site and weather conditions.
Monday 23 to Thursday 26 January
- Reserve Terrace will be closed to vehicles at all times in order to maintain the quality of the prepped road for the chip seal to be laid.
- Please ensure that all vehicles are parked out of the worksite before 7:00am on Monday 23 January.
- Residents only pedestrian access will be maintained at all times.
- Pedestrian access will be maintained via marked out exclusion zones. Please speak to a member of the crew when entering and exiting this zone, so that you can be safely escorted past the worksite.
Friday 27 January–the completion of road reconstruction repairs
- Following the road preparation and sealing, vehicle access will be restored outside of work hours. Please note that there will be loose chip on the road—take caution when driving over it.
- Please ensure that vehicles are moved out of the worksite before 7:00am each day.
- Relief parking will be available near our site compound on Reserve Terrace. See Map 2.
We understand that the repair work creates challenges for those who live and work in the areas where we are working. Downer, as part of SCIRT, would like to take this opportunity to thank residents for your patience and consideration while we are working in your neighbourhood.
Sourced from LINZ data, Crown Copyright.
- Please contact Downer on 0800 400 310 if you have any specific access requirements that we need to consider e.g. large vehicle deliveries, rubbish collection, or planned works on your property.
- Our work hours are Monday to Friday between the hours of 7.00am and 6.00pm. On occasion we may need to work during the weekend to complete essential work.
- There will be increased noise, dust and vibration levels associated with this work.
- Works will have no planned impact on current power, telecommunication, water or gas services. However, the network is still fragile so please be prepared in case there is an unexpected service cut off.
- Safety is our number one priority. Safety is your responsibility too. Stay clear and stay alert—keep children and pets at a safe distance from the worksite.
- Please put your rubbish and recycling out before 6:00pm the day before your collection. Our work crews will move your bins to the end of the street for collection and return the empty bins back to your property boundary. Please make sure your house number is visible on the bins so our crews can return the bins to the correct property.
Need more information?
- Call Downer on:
- 0800 400 310 between 8.30am and 5.00pm Monday to Friday
- Email Downer:
- [email protected]
- Visit the SCIRT website: