Nuttall Drive, Hillsborough. Wastewater repairs. Night works.
What: Repairing two wastewater manholes.
When: Tuesday 7 March 2017, starting from 7:00pm for one night.
Traffic: Two-way traffic maintained.
What we are doing
- Downer, as part of SCIRT, is repairing the earthquake damaged wastewater system in Hillsborough and Woolston.
- You may have noticed our crew working in Nuttall Drive the night of Monday 27 February 2017.
- We understand the increased levels of noise created a significant disruption to those living directly outside the worksite. We apologise you did not receive notification prior to this work starting.
- We inadvertently overlooked the residential properties within the Woolston industrial park and understand the increased levels of noise created a significant disruption. We are currently reviewing our processes to prevent another unexpected disruption in the future.
- Unfortunately, we were unable to complete repairs to the wastewater system. We will now be returning the night of Tuesday 7 March 2017, starting from 7:00pm. We will be working from two manholes in Nuttall Drive. See Map 1 for location of works.
- To carry out the repair we will need to install over-pumping which diverts wastewater between two manholes while we work on the mainline. We will be using a flexible “lay-flat” hose that allows you to safely drive over it with your vehicle. Please take care and drive slowly when crossing the over-pumping hose.
- Two-way traffic will be maintained on Nuttall Drive. Please be alert to changes in traffic management and drive to the changed conditions.
- There will be a reduction in on-street parking around the worksite. Please do not park next to the no parking cones or your vehicle may be towed.
- Vehicle and pedestrian access to properties will be maintained at all times.
- Please note: You may notice an increased level of noise coming from the pump, generator and flushing equipment used to clear the pipe.
- We will do our best to keep disruption to a minimum. To assist with this, all loud activity will take place within the first few hours.
- If you have any concerns about the impact of this work please contact us using the details on the previous page.
Need more information? Call Downer on 0800 400 310 or email [email protected] between 8:30am and 5:00pm Monday to Friday.
Afterhours Contact (CityCare): 03 941 7200