Rutherford Street, Woolston. Wastewater repairs. Night works.
What: Segment repair of a wastewater pipe.
When: Monday 6 March 2017, starting at 7:00pm for one night.
Where: Outside 69 Rutherford Street, Woolston.
Traffic: Two-way traffic maintained. Reduced on-street parking.
What we are doing
- Starting the night of Monday 6 March 2017, Downer will be working outside 69 Rutherford Street to replace a section of the wastewater mainline. See Map 1 for location of works.
- This work will take one night to complete, subject to favorable on-site and weather conditions. We will be working from 7:00pm - 6:00am.
- This work is being done at night to minimize impact to businesses and traffic flow during the day.
- A lateral is the pipe that connects a property to the wastewater pipe in middle of the street. We will be digging a trench in the middle of the road to remove a section of the damaged pipe and replacing it with a new piece.
- Once the new pipe is laid the trench will be backfilled and compacted. Following this a separate roading crew will seal the trench from 2:00am-6:00am.
Please note: For those living nearest to the worksite you may experience some increased noise and lighting coming from our equipment. See details overleaf. We will do our best to keep disruption to a minimum and appreciate your patience while we complete these final repairs.
- You may notice an increased level of noise coming from the pump, excavator and sealing equipment.
- We understand night works can be more disruptive for residents, so we will complete the work as quickly as we can.
- If you have any concerns about the impact of this work please contact us using the details on the previous page.
- Need more information? Call Downer on 0800 400 310 or email [email protected] between 8:30am and 5:00pm Monday to Friday.
Afterhours Contact (CityCare): 03 941 7200