Port Hills Road - Vega Place, Heathcote. Wastewater repairs.
What: Replacing two sections of the wastewater mainline.
When: Starting Wednesday 22 March 2017, for about ten days.
Traffic: Two-way traffic maintained. Turning restrictions in place. See details below.
What we are doing
Downer, as part of SCIRT, is repairing the earthquake damaged wastewater system in Heathcote.
Starting Wednesday 22 March 2017, we will be replacing two sections of the wastewater mainline in Port Hills Road. See Map 1 above and Map 2 overleaf.
This work will be done in two stages and take about ten days to complete.
We will be digging a trench on the side of the road to remove a section of the damaged pipe and replacing it with a new piece.
Once the new pipe is laid the trench will be backfilled and compacted. The trench will then be sealed by a separate roading crew.
Stage 1 will involve replacing a 2m section of pipe at the intersection of Vega Place and Port Hills Road. This will take about one week to complete.
Stage 1 traffic impacts
- Two-way traffic will be maintained in Port Hills Road and Vega Place, however turning restrictions will be in place.
- There will be no left turns into Vega Place from westbound traffic on Port Hills Road.
- There will be no right turns into Port Hills Road from Vega Place.
- See stage 2 details overleaf.
- Stage 2 will follow stage 1 and involves replacing a 5m section of pipe outside 257 Port Hills Road. This will take about three days to complete, subject to favourable on-site conditions.
Stage 2 traffic impacts
- There will be no right turns into the businesses at 260 for westbound traffic on Port Hills Road.
- There will be no right turns into Port Hills Road from the businesses at 260.
- There will be reduced on-street parking on Port Hills Road. We apologise for any inconvenience.