Banks Avenue – Shirley – Footpath, kerb, and channel repairs
We will be undertaking footpath repairs, kerb and channel repairs and road carriageway levelling for approximately two weeks with work commencing Tuesday 10th April 2012.
This work recommences work that was originally started in January 2012 and put on hold.
The thick line from the roundabout shows the original work area. The darker part is where resumed work will be between Coopers Road and Rivers Road.
Sourced from LINZ data, Crown copyright reserved.
- Previously commenced in January of this year, the work was put on hold due to some urgent underground service repairs. This important repair work will recommence on Tuesday 10th April and is scheduled to be completed by Friday 20th April.
- In order to have the least impact on residents and school children this work will take place during the school holidays.
- Some footpaths will need to be closed so that City Care can carry out repairs. Please follow onsite directions which will indicate which parts of the footpath will be closed.
- As the City Care team will be undertaking work in the road carriageway, the shoulder of the road will be closed. Please slow down and travel safely around the worksites and follow any onsite signage including 30kph signs.
- The work will take place between 7am and 5pm, Monday to Friday. Some sealing work may be undertaken on Saturday mornings.
- The work being undertaken may result in minor dust and noise.
- As a part of this work, access to your property may be limited for periods of time. Please contact us on the number shown below if you have specific access requirements that we need to consider e.g. the arrival of Nurse Maude, Meals on Wheels.
- All works are subject to favourable weather and on-site construction conditions.
- If you have any questions about this work please contact the City Care team on 0800 632 889 (7.30am to 5pm Monday to Friday) and we'll be happy to help you.
- Every endeavour will be made to keep any disruption to a minimum. City Care apologises for any inconvenience this work may cause and appreciate your patience.