Gresford Street and Trist Place – Richmond – Wastewater renewal
We will be replacing the wastewater system in Gresford Street, between Champion Street and Hills Road, and in Trist Place. We expect work to begin on Monday 7 May 2012 and to continue for approximately three months.
The blue line shows the location of work on Gresford Street, between Champion Street and Hills Road, and on Trist Place.
Sourced from LINZ data, Crown copyright reserved.
What is a wastewater lateral?
Wastewater laterals are the pipes that carry wastewater from the property to the Council's wastewater pipe.
- As you will be aware we are replacing the wastewater system in Lower Richmond as advised in a works notice we distributed on 15 March 2012. This includes replacing the wastewater main along the road and replacing the wastewater laterals from the main to the property boundary.
- This work will start in the week beginning Monday 7 May 2012. We will be working Monday to Saturday between the hours of 7.00am to 6.00pm. On rare occasions we may have to work on a Sunday to complete essential work.
- We expect the work in this area to take about three months to complete, subject to favourable weather and on-site conditions.
- The work on Gresford Street involves one crew working east to west from Hills Road to Champion Street. Once work is complete on Gresford Street work will begin on Trist Place from the intersection with Gresford Street moving south to the end of the cul de sac.
- The work involves digging trenches to remove damaged pipes and replacing them with new pipes.
- The work will impact on traffic movements and traffic management will be in place. Be on the lookout for changed traffic conditions and drive to the conditions.
- Please contact us on 0800 400 310 if you have specific access requirements that we need to consider e.g. the arrival of Nurse Maude, Meals on Wheels etc.
- Although Gresford Street will be closed to through traffic it will be open to residents except within the immediate area of the work site where the road is being excavated to replace damaged pipes.
- The length of the road closure on Gresford Street may affect between 4-6 properties at a time and these closures are likely to last for approximately 7 working days while the work is taking place. You will be notified before access to your home is restricted.
- Trist Place will be closed to all traffic except for emergency vehicles while work is taking place. It will slowly reopen to residential traffic as the work moves south to the end of the cul de sac.
- During those periods where there is no vehicle access to properties, we will be asking residents to park their vehicles on the street outside the restricted area. You will be able to safely enter your property on foot or by bicycle.
- If your property is in the area where the road or footpath is being excavated a member of the construction team will escort you safely through the worksite to your house.
- Should you have large or multiple items (such as groceries) which need carrying while our work crews are on site, please approach staff who will be happy to assist you to carry these items.
- When work is complete on that section of the road excavations will start on the next section of road and the road closure will move with the work.
- The purpose of closing the roads is to keep people safe and separated from the work site.
- The work has no impact on water, telecommunication and power services but the work may impact on your sewer connection for approximately one hour while we connect your property to the new sewer system. You will be advised of this prior to the work happening.
- Work may also result in increased dust, noise and vibration. We will endeavour to keep any disruption to a minimum and we apologise for any inconvenience. We appreciate your patience while we do this work.
- Other infrastructure in your area will also need to be repaired so you can expect to see more work in your area in the future.
- Please be on the lookout for changed traffic conditions and drive to the conditions.
- Safety is our number one priority. Safety is also your responsibility too. Please make sure you stay clear of work, stay alert and keep children and pets at a safe distance.
- Further information about this project will be distributed during the work. This will include, face-to-face meetings, signage, start work notices and update notices.
- For more information about the work in this notice, please phone 0800 400 310 (8:30am-5.00pm Monday to Friday).