Pembroke Street and Horton Place - Avondale - Stormwater and Road reconstruction
General impact of works for all residents:
Section One: Pembroke Street (Breezes Road to Horton Place) 12 June to 27 June 2012.
- Work will begin at the Breezes Road and Pembroke Street intersection. During this section of construction, Breezes Road will be narrowed but two way traffic will be maintained. When work at the intersection is complete, Breezes Road will return to normal.
- While the entrance to Pembroke Street (from Breezes Road) is closed, residents will be required to enter Pembroke Street from either Cardrona Street or Avonside Drive.
Section Two: Horton Place. 28 June to 30 August 2012
- Once Section One is complete, work will begin on Horton Place, starting at the Pembroke Street and Horton Place intersection. Work will then progress along Horton Place towards the end of the cul-de-sac.
- Due to the narrowness of the street, access may be restricted during the works. Traffic will be controlled by a priority traffic flow system.
- Residents will be further updated on these works prior to the construction starting.
Section Three: Pembroke Street (Horton Place to approximately 38 Pembroke Street). 16 August to the end of October (includes Section Four)
- The construction of Section Three will coincide with the end of Section Two construction period.
- As work progresses south, residents north of the work area will be able to access their properties from the Breezes Road entrance.
- This section will be completed once wastewater repairs are completed, which is part of a separate project that is being completed by another contractor.
Access and traffic information:
Property access will be maintained in the evening, but will be restricted during the day due to the works.
As work progresses down Pembroke Street, the traffic management will be adjusted to suit. For resident’s convenience and safety:
- Residents that live to the north of where the work is located will be directed to leave and enter the street by the Breezes Road and Pembroke Street intersection.
- Residents that live to the south of where the work is located will are encouraged to leave and enter by Cardrona Street or Avonside Drive.
During these works some driveways will require us to seek access into the private property, as a portion of the driveway will need to be regarded to allow water to drain towards the street. Residents of these properties will be consulted prior to works beginning.
General impacts of the work:
- The majority of the work will take place during the hours of 7.00am – 6.00pm, Monday to Saturday.
- The work will result in some noise and dust if there are dry weather conditions.
- The work will have no impact on current power, water, wastewater, telecommunications or gas services.
- All works are subject to favourable weather and on-site construction conditions.
- During the period of construction, we ask that you observe special cordons around construction areas for everyone’s safety.