Home › Avondale Road - Avondale - Wastewater
Avondale Road - Avondale - Wastewater
We are continuing the work on the gravity wastewater pipeline on Avondale Road, from Wednesday 13 June 2012 for approximately two weeks.
- The wastewater pipeline repair work between Woolley Street and Sharlick Street will commence on Wednesday 13 June 2012 and continue for approximately two weeks. The work will follow on from the section at Woolley Street and Prestwick Street.
- The work will involve excavating a trench to remove damaged wastewater pipes and replacing them with new wastewater pipes.
- Within the works area CCTV (camera investigations) will be undertaken on private wastewater pipes (laterals) that connect to the main wastewater pipe.
The following traffic movements will not be possible at the intersection of Avondale Road and Sharlick Street:
- Traffic heading east along Sharlick Street will not be able to turn left to exit Shalick Street heading north (towards Avondale Bridge) along Avondale Road.
- It will not be possible to go straight along Avondale Road heading north towards Avondale Bridge.
- Signage will indicate the detour that will be in place along Sharlick Street, Edna Street and Woolley Street. Resident vehicle access in the directly affected work area may be restricted at times during the day. If your access will be disrupted we will put a vehicle access restriction form in your letterbox the night prior. The notification will suggest an appropriate location to park your vehicle.
- Please contact us if you have any specific access requirements that we need to consider e.g. Nurse Maude, Meals on Wheels or other planned works on your property.
General impacts of the work:
- This work will take place from 7:00am to 6:00pm Monday to Friday. It may include some Saturday work if necessary, and is expected to be completed by 27 June 2012.
- This work will involve dewatering. De- watering spears will be installed into the ground which will pump and discharge the ground water into the stormwater system. This temporary pump will run over night and might cause some low volume noise.
- The work may result in noise, vibration and dust if there are dry weather conditions.
- The work will not impact current power, telecommunications, wastewater, water or gas services. However we may need to ask residents to restrict their wastewater use for a short period while we are connecting their lateral to the wastewater main. We will advise you directly if this is the case.
- During the period of construction we ask that you observe special cordons around construction areas for you and your family’s safety.
- All works are subject to favourable weather and on-site conditions.
For any further information about this work, please contact the MacDow Fletcher Infrastructure Rebuild Team between the hours of 8:30am and 5:00pm Monday to Friday on free phone 0508 718 719. Any emergency calls made outside these hours will be diverted to a Site Engineer.
We will endeavour to keep any disruption to a minimum. We apologise for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience while we do this work.