Kilmore Street - Christchurch Central - wastewater rehabilitation
How our work may impact you
What we are doing
- Phase one - we will be completing works in each of the manholes.
- Phase two - we will be completing over pumping-works. This is where the flow of wastewater is diverted to another catchment downstream through an over-pump. We will then begin the pipe lining process and also sections of the road will be dug out to reconnect the wastewater laterals.
- Work will start at the Oxford Terrace end of Kilmore Street and move east towards Fitzgerald Avenue.
- The over pump pipe will be located in the two central lanes of Kilmore Street, with two way traffic remaining in place.
- In order to maintain two lanes of traffic on Kilmore Street, on-street car parking will be restricted in sections. These sections will change from time to time depending on the area required for construction.
- Vehicles will be unable to cross the over ground pipe laid along the middle of Kilmore Street. However at the Kilmore Street and Barbadoes Street and Bangor Street intersections the pipe will be buried to allow use of these intersections.
- Please follow all on-site signage.
- This work will generally take place during the hours of 7:00am and 6:00pm Monday to Sunday, but will include some overnight work. The traffic management will remain on a 24 hour basis for the duration of the works.
- We may require access to private properties. If this applies then you will be notified closer to the time.
- The work will result in noise. All works are subject to favourable weather and on-site construction conditions.
- The work will not impact on current power, telecommunications, water or gas services.
- Wastewater service will be maintained. If you do experience issues then please contact us.
- The lining operations will be completed in sections. During the lining operations, we may ask that you minimise water usage. We will notify you one week prior to the lining operations.
- During the period of construction, we ask that you observe special cordons around construction areas for you and your family’s safety.
- This work is the second stage of a larger scale of work in the central city. Cured in place wastewater pipe rehabilitation works will also be taking place on the following streets:
Fitzgerald Avenue (from Kilmore Street to Moorhouse Avenue)
Tuam Street (from Fitzgerald Avenue to Saxon Street)
Moorhouse Avenue (from Fitzgerald Avenue to Antigua Street)
- An update on the above stages of work will be sent out to affected properties once a schedule of work is finalised.
- For any other information about this work, please contact the Fletcher Infrastructure Rebuild Team between the hours of 8:30am and 5:00pm, Monday to Friday on free phone 0800 444 919. Any emergency calls made outside these hours will be diverted to a Site Engineer.
We will endeavour to keep any disruptions to a minimum. We apologise for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience while we do this work.