Home › Osborne Street - Charleston - Wastewater renewal
Osborne Street - Charleston - Wastewater renewal
We will be working in Osborne Street between Frederick Street and Charles Street replacing the wastewater system. Work will begin on Saturday 23 June 2012 and continue for approximately six weeks.
- As you are aware we have been replacing the wastewater system in Osborne Street between Ferry Road and Frederick Street. We are making good progress with this work and we plan to continue working down Osborne Street between Frederick Street and Charles Street. The works include replacing the wastewater main along the road and replacing the wastewater laterals from the main to the property boundary.
- The work in this section of Osborne Street will start on Saturday 23 June 2012. We will be working Monday to Saturday between the hours of 7.00am to 6.00pm. On rare occasions we may have to work on a Sunday to complete essential work.
- We expect the work in this section of Osborne Street to take about six weeks to complete, subject to favourable weather and on-site conditions.
- The work involves digging trenches to remove damaged pipes and replacing them with new pipes.
- The work will impact on traffic movements and traffic management will be in place. Be on the lookout for changed traffic conditions and drive to the conditions.
Impacts to residents
- Specific access needs? Please contact us on 0800 400 310 if you have specific access requirements that we need to consider e.g. the arrival of Nurse Maude, Meals on Wheels etc.
- Although Osborne Street will be closed to through traffic as work takes place, it will be open to residents, except within the immediate area of the work site where the road is being excavated to replace damaged pipes.
- The length of the road closure may affect between four to six properties at a time, and these closures are likely to last for approximately seven working days while the work is taking place.
- You will be notified before access to your home is restricted.
- During those periods where there is no vehicle access to properties, we will be asking residents to park their vehicles on the street outside the restricted area. You will be able to safely enter your property on foot or by bicycle.
- If your property is in the area where the road or footpath is being excavated a member of the construction team will escort you safely through the work site to your house.
- Should you have large or multiple items (such as groceries) which need carrying while our work crews are on site, please approach staff who will be happy to assist you to carry these items.
- Please put your rubbish and recycling out as usual. Our work crews will move your bins to the end of the street for collection and return the empty bins back to your property boundary. Please make sure your house number is visible on the bins so our crews can return the bins to the correct property.
- When work is complete on a section of the road, excavations will start on the next section of road and the closure will move with the work.
- The purpose of closing the road is to keep people safe and separated from the work site.
- The work will have no impact on current water, wastewater, telecommunication and power services.
- Work may result in increased dust, noise and vibration. We will endeavour to keep any disruption to a minimum and we apologise for any inconvenience. We appreciate your patience while we do this work.
- Other infrastructure in your area will also need to be repaired so you can expect to see more work in your area in the future.
- Work will begin in this section of Osborne Street at the Osborne Street/Frederick intersection and work south towards Charles Street.
- As we pass the Osborne Street/Grenville Street intersections, the intersections will be closed and traffic will not be able to turn onto Osborne Street from Grenville Street and vice versa.
- Safety is our number one priority. Safety is also your responsibility too. Please make sure you stay clear of works, stay alert and keep children and pets at a safe distance.
- Further information about this project will be distributed during the work. This will include, face-to-face meetings, signage, start work notices and update notices.
- Please remember we are also undertaking wastewater repair works in Frederick Street.
- For more information about the work in this notice, please phone 0800 400 310 (8:30am-5.00pm Monday to Friday)
- See also www.transportforchch.govt.nz for information on road closures major works and traffic flow.