Home › Westmorland, Cracroft and Cashmere - Road repairs
Westmorland, Cracroft and Cashmere - Road repairs
Fulton Hogan will be carrying out earthquake repair work in your area in July, August and September. We will be repairing sections of damaged footpaths, roads, kerbing, stormwater, service boxes and manholes. Repair work is only being undertaken where it is unlikely to conflict with future infrastructure repairs. We will be working progressively through the streets shown on the map below.
Map data, copyright OpenStreetMap contributors, CC-BY-SA
What we are doing
The range of work we will be undertaking includes:
- Excavation, backfill and new surfacing for sections of footpath and roads that have been damaged.
- Excavation of damaged kerb and channel and replacement with new concrete kerb and channel being laid.
- Repair of raised or sunken manholes and utility service boxes or covers
How our work could impact you
- It is likely that for some repairs we will need to close one lane of the road for a short period of time. There will be traffic management in place and clear signage to indicate the changes to traffic movements.
- When needed there will be a temporary 30km/h speed limit in place around the work site. Please ensure you slow down to keep yourself, others, as well as our workers safe.
- Due to the nature of works there may be some parking restrictions in place. Please try to avoid parking on the roadside near the works during the day.
- The work will result in increased noise, dust and vibration levels because of truck movements, and the use of diggers and compactors.
- The work will not impact current power, telecommunication, wastewater, water or gas services.
- Works will take place between 7.00am and 6.00pm, Monday to Friday, with Saturday work if needed.
Easy does it
Bitumen, concrete and other road repair materials require a bit of care after they are applied. Please treat all new surfaces with extra care for two weeks following the completion of the repair. In the two week period following the repair, drivers are asked to avoid excessive speed, sharp turns, heavy braking and fast acceleration, as these actions can cause permanent damage which can then require additional repair.
Stay safe and alert, keep children and pets at a safe distance from the work site. If you wish to speak to someone on site please go to the person furthest away from any moving machinery.
Need more information?
Phone: 0800 277 34 34 (7.30am- 5.00pm Monday - Friday)
Follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/scirt_info