Home › Canterbury Street - Lyttelton - Retaining wall
Canterbury Street - Lyttelton - Retaining wall
We are making permanent repairs to a retaining wall on Canterbury Street. Works will commence on Monday 02 July 2012 and is expected to be completed by the end of August 2012.
For your safety, there will be some changes to the current road layout and on-street car parking (refer to map)
- A lane closure will be in place along Canterbury Street on the same side of the road as the retaining wall.
- One way traffic flow will be in place for northbound traffic. Southbound traffic will be directed along Days Road.
- A footpath closure will occur where the retaining wall is being constructed on Canterbury Street.
- Pedestrian access will remain on the opposite side of the road.
- Speed limits will be reduced to 30km/h in construction areas.
How will the work be done?
- The existing stone walls will be removed and the retaining wall slope excavated to a safe angle.
- Reinforced steel will be used to construct a new framework. Concrete blocks will be used to fill the framework and complete the walls.
- The walls will then be back filled using a trench compactor.
- The kerb and footpath will be installed and a graffiti guard paint will be used to coat the wall.
- This work will take place during the hours of 7.00am and 7.00pm, Monday to Saturday.
- The work will result in traffic disruptions, and some noise and dust if there are dry weather conditions.
- All works are subject to favourable weather and on-site construction conditions.
- The work may result in minor disruptions to current power, wastewater, telecommunications, water or gas services, however residents will be notified in advance.
- Please contact us if you have any specific access requirements that we need to consider e.g. Nurse Maude, Meals on Wheels, mobility issues, young children, delivery needs or other planned works on your property.
- During the period of construction, we ask that you observe special cordons around construction areas for you and your family’s safety.
- For any other information about this work, please contact the Fletcher Infrastructure Rebuild Team between the hours of 8:30am and 5.00pm, Monday to Friday on free phone 0800 444 919. Any emergency calls made outside these hours will be diverted to a Site Engineer.