Keyes Road and Bowhill Road - New Brighton - New wastewater pumpstation
The pump station will significantly improve the resiliency of the wastewater network for households in New Brighton, acting as a booster station to transport wastewater to the next catchment. Once built, all that will be visible from the street will be a control cabinet, bollards and access lids. All of the work being undertaken by SCIRT on the wastewater network in New Brighton is to ensure this vital infrastructure keeps functioning and is better able to withstand any future land movement.
Related work notices
Where we are working
Sourced from LINZ data, Crown copyright reserved
What we are doing
- Sheet piling around the perimeter of the pump station.
- Dewatering, to lower the ground water level around the trench. The dewatering pumps will run continuously until the work is completed.
- Screw piles will be installed for the foundations of the pump station (see drawing on next page).
- The underground wet well of the pump station will be installed then the surrounding area will be backfilled.
- The wastewater main will be connected below ground to the pump station using horizontal drilling.
- The concrete foundation slab will be poured and electrical system wired up. Once we have completed work all that will be visible at the surface will be an access lid and a control cabinet in the road reserve.
What the pump station will look like below ground
How our work could impact you
- Works will take place between 7.00am and 6.00pm, Monday to Friday, with Saturday work if required.
- There will be increased noise, dust and vibration levels associated with this work, and the use of trucks, diggers, compactors, pumps and sheet piling will be necessary.
- During construction we will be open trenching. Please observe the special cordons and fences around the construction area.
- Deep trenching involves dewatering and the use of trench shields. A dewatering pump will be running 24 hours a day.
- Works will have no planned impact on current power, telecommunication, wastewater, water or gas services. However, the network is still fragile so please be prepared in case there is an unexpected service cut off.
- A fenced off, safe, walkway will be provided for pedestrians.
- All works are subject to favourable weather and on-site construction conditions.