Estuary Road - South Brighton - storm water and road repairs
Where we are working
How our work could impact you
• There will be increased noise, dust and vibration levels associated with this work, and the use of trucks, diggers and compactors will be necessary.
• Please observe the special cordons and fences around the construction area. During construction we will be open trenching.
• Works will have no planned impact on current power, telecommunication, wastewater, water or gas services. However, the network is still fragile so please be prepared in case there is an unexpected service cut off.
• All works are subject to favourable weather and on-site construction conditions.
• Works will take place between 7.00am and 6.00pm, Monday to Friday, with Saturday work if required.
• Safety is our number one priority. Safety is your responsibility too. Stay clear and stay alert - keep children and pets at a safe distance from the work site. Keep your vehicle safe by locking it and removing any valuable items.
• Two-way traffic will be maintained. A combination of manual stop/go, lane shifts and a reduced lane widths will be necessary.
• There will be no on-street parking available immediately adjacent to the worksite. Signage will indicate where parking will not be available.
• There will be a temporary 30km/h speed limit in place through the worksite.
• Vehicular access to properties within the work site on Estuary Road will be maintained where it is safe and practical. Due to the nature of the works vehicle access to properties within the work site may be limited during working hours. Where vehicle access cannot be maintained overnight residents will be notified in advance.
• Please contact Fulton Hogan on 0800 277 34 34 if you have any specific access requirements that we need to consider e.g. nurse/doctor visits, Meals on Wheels or planned works on your property.
Temporary bus stop impacts
• The bus stop in front of 135 Estuary Road (opposite Cradock Street) will be closed, please use the temporary bus stop outside 119 Estuary Road.
• The bus stop in front of 1 Cradock Street will be closed, please use the temporary bus stop outside 114 Estuary Road.
• The bus stops in front of 182 Estuary Road will be closed, please use temporary bus stop outside 190 Estuary Road.
For more information on the bus service please contact Metro Info on 366 88 55 or visit www.metroinfo.co.nz
What we are doing
Storm water is mostly street drainage from residential and commercial property and public hard surfaces, as a result of rainfall. From properties, it comes from roof guttering into downpipes and also from other private channelling systems. On roads and footpaths, it travels along kerbs into storm water pipes. The existing storm water pipes along Estuary Road have suffered multiple breaks due to the earthquakes. To complete the replacement we need to dig trenches ranging from 0.5 - 1 metres deep and new concrete pipes will be installed. Once the stormwater pipes have been replaced we will repair earthquake damaged sections of kerb and channel and roading. Roading will be completed using a reclaimer to mix cement in with existing road materials, then graded, rolled and chip sealed.
Need more information?
Phone: 0800 277 34 34 (8.30am- 5.00pm Monday - Friday)
Email: [email protected]