Rolleston Avenue - Hereford Street to Worcester Street - Central City - wastewater renewal *Update*
- We are renewing the gravity wastewater system.
- Rolleston Avenue between Hereford Street and Worcester Street.
- In the week beginning Monday 18 March until mid April 2013.
This notice is an update for an earlier notice.
Map 1: Location of work.
What we are doing
- We are installing a new wastewater main on Rolleston Avenue between Hereford Street and Worcester Street.
- We will start work at the Rolleston Avenue / Hereford Street intersection in the week beginning Monday 18 March 2013 and work north towards Worcester Street. The work will continue until mid April 2013.
- Our hours of work are 7:00am to 6:00pm Monday to Sunday.
- The work involves trenching (digging down) to remove damaged pipes and replacing them with new pipes. The work may result in dust, noise and vibration. We will endeavour to keep any disruption to a minimum.
- The work has two types of traffic management (phase one and phase two). Phase one will be in place while we are working on Rolleston Avenue between Hereford and Worcester Street. Phase two will be in place while we work at the intersection Rolleston Avenue and Worcester Street. Each phase is explained under the traffic impacts section:
- During phase one we will be working in the southbound lane (the lane closest to the Arts Centre) along Rolleston Avenue from Hereford Street to Worcester Street. This means that the southbound lane of Rolleston Avenue will be closed.
- Motorists who wish to travel south on Rolleston Avenue between Hereford Street and Gloucester Street will need to use our signed detour. Motorists who wish to travel north on Rolleston Avenue will be unaffected during phase one. Please see map 2 for details:
Sourced from LINZ data, Crown Copyright reserved.
- During phase two we will be working at the Rolleston Avenue / Worcester Street intersection. We expect to start work at the intersection in late March 2013. When we reach the intersection we will close Rolleston Avenue at Worcester Street for northbound and southbound traffic. We expect to be working at the intersection for approximately two weeks.
- Day and night work will take place during this phase.
- Motorists who wish to travel north on Rolleston Avenue between Hereford Street and Gloucester Street will need to use our signed detour. The detour for motorists travelling south on Rolleston Avenue between Hereford Street and Gloucester Street will remain the same. Please see map 3 for details:
Map 3: Detour for north and southbound traffic.
General traffic impacts
- Parking on the street immediately next to the work area will not be available along Rolleston Avenue from Hereford Street to Worcester Street.
- Footpath access will be disrupted. One side of the street will remain open for pedestrian use. Please follow our signs.
- The work will have no planned impact on power, telecommunications, water or gas services.
- The work may result in dust, noise and vibration. We will endeavour to keep any disruption to a minimum.
- All works are subject to favourable weather and on-site construction conditions.
- If you are planning any significant work to your property within the next month (e.g. demolition or construction), please advise the Fletcher team by phoning 0800 444 919.
- We apologise for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience while we complete this important work.
Find the quickest and safest routes around Christchurch at www.transportforchch.govt.nz
Need more information?
If you have any questions, or for any other information about this work, please contact the Fletcher Infrastructure Rebuild Team on 0800 444 919 from 8:30am to 5:00pm, Monday to Friday and we will be happy to help you. You can also contact us by email at CIRinfo@fcc.co.nz