St Martins Road (between Koromiko Street and Centaurus Road) and Buxton Terrace (between St Martins Road and Kowhai Terrace) - St Martins
- Wastewater main and lateral repairs – road closure
- Friday 26 April 2013 – Monday 29 April 2013
- St Martins Road (between Koromiko Street and Centaurus Road) and Buxton Terrace (between St Martins Road and Kowhai Terrace), St Martins
Location of works. Sourced from LINZ data, Crown Copyright reserved.
What we are doing
- We are replacing the gravity wastewater main and the public wastewater laterals, from the main wastewater pipe to the property boundaries. This work involves trenching to remove damaged pipes and replace with new pipes.
How this work could impact you
- Works will take place between 6.00pm Friday 26 April 2013 and 7.00am Monday 29 April 2013.
- As St Martins Road is a strategic route we will be working over this weekend, 24 hours a day, to minimise the impact to road users.
- This work will require a road closure on St Martins Road (between Koromiko Street and Centaurus Road) and Buxton Terrace (between St Martins Road and Kowhai Terrace). Please refer to the map for detours in place.
- Due to the location of the wastewater laterals, resident access will be compromised throughout the works. Those residents whose access is affected and who require their vehicles during the weekend will be asked to park outside the work area from 6pm Friday 26 April 2013. These residents have been contacted directly.
- From Wednesday 24 April 2013 we will be storing the construction machinery required for this work in Buxton Terrace, therefore, access into Buxton Terrace from St Martins Road will be closed from this date.
- Pedestrian access will be maintained, please follow the on-site traffic signage.
- Cycle access will not be maintained in the work area.
- For the safety of our workers and all road users please follow the 30km/h speed limit and the on-site signage.
- On-street parking will be affected during the work period. Traffic management signage will indicate where parking will be available.
- We will be working 24 hours to complete this work over the weekend stated. Please expect to experience some levels of noise and vibration from time to time, and some levels of dust may also be experienced, however this will be monitored and managed accordingly.
- We will be using construction machinery, pumps, concrete saws, compacting machines and other pieces of equipment as part of this work.
- Please contact City Care on 0800 632 889 if you have specific access requirements that we need to consider, e.g. Nurse Maude visits, Meals on Wheels, or planned works on your property.
- Should you have large or multiple items or deliveries which need carrying while our work crews are on-site, please approach staff who will be happy to assist to carry these items for you.
- All works are subject to favourable weather and on site construction conditions.
Find the quickest and safest routes around Christchurch at www.transportforchristchurch.govt.nz
Thank you for your patience and co-operation while these works are underway.
Need more information?
If you have any questions, or for any other information about this work, please contact City Care on 0800 632 889 from 7.30am–5.00pm, Monday to Friday and we will be happy to help you. You can also contact us by email at email@example.com