McCormacks Bay Road - water main replacement
We are replacing the existing broken water main on Main Road with a new pressure main along McCormacks Bay Road. Works are scheduled to begin 5 July and last approximately seven weeks.
The red line in the map below shows the new water main location. Parts of McCormacks Bay Road will be temporary closed for traffic: one lane closure. Please be aware of changed traffic conditions.
- We will be installing a new water pressure main in stages along McCormacks Bay Road.
- The works starts 5 July and will take place between 7.30am and 6.00pm, Monday to Saturday. We expect to finish 20 August 2011.
- A dewatering pump may be operating 24 hours a day for the duration of the works.
- The work may result in increased noise and vibration levels.
- Works will impact on traffic movements: parts of McCormacks Bay Road will be temporary closed (one lane) in separate stages. Please be aware of changed traffic conditions and drive to the conditions.
- Works will have no or little impact on current water services.
- All works are subject to favourable weather and on-site construction conditions.
- If you have any questions about this work please contact us on 0800 277 34 34 (7.30am to 5pm Monday to Friday) and we’ll be happy to help you. If you have any other questions about earthquake damaged infrastructure please contact the Christchurch City Council Contact Centre on (03)9418999.
- We will endeavour to keep any disruption to a minimum. We apologise for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience while we do this work.