Home › Grafton street - Waltham - Sewer works
Grafton street - Waltham - Sewer works
We will be undertaking emergency repairs to a section of the wastewater pipeline on Grafton Street between Laurence Street and Grenville Street. The red line in the map below shows the location of the works.
- If you live in this area please continue to use your chemical toilet until you are advised it is okay to use your toilet.
Chemical toilet and portaloo information updates are available here.
- Please note this work is an emergency repair and it is likely we will be back to undertake the permanent repair at a later date.
- Works will impact on traffic movements along Grafton Street. Please be aware of changed traffic conditions and drive to the conditions.
- We expect the work to take about 3 weeks to complete, subject to favourable weather and on-site conditions.
- We will be working Monday to Saturday between the hours of 7am – 6pm. On rare occasions we may have to work on a Sunday or a public holiday to complete essential work.
- This work may result in some dust and noise. Heavy machinery fitted with reversing beepers for the safety of onsite workers may be used.
- We will endeavour to keep any disruption to a minimum. We apologise for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience while we do this important work.
- If you have any questions about the work please contact us on 0800 400 310 and we’ll be happy to help you. If you have any other questions please contact the Council on 941 8999.