Tuam Street - Phillipstown - Water supply repair
- Replacing the earthquake damaged water supply pipe.
- Tuam Street, between Phillips Street and Nursery Road.
- Starting Tuesday 5 January 2016 for about four weeks.
- Traffic impacts
- Road closure at Saxon Street when working in the intersection.
- Two-way traffic maintained on Tuam Street with no parking around worksites.
What we are doing
- As you may know, Downer is working in the Phillipstown and Linwood area repairing the earthquake damaged roads, wastewater, storm water and water supply systems.
- We will be replacing the water supply pipe on Tuam Street between Phillips Street and Nursery Road. Work will start on Tuesday 5 January 2016 and take about 4 weeks to finish.
- The worksite will be on the northern side of the street. We will start the work at the Phillips Street end and move east towards Nursery Road.
- For part of the replacement we will be using directional drilling. Directional drilling is less disruptive than open trenching and means that we will be able to maintain more vehicle access to properties.
- We will be open trenching around fire hydrants or where we need to make connections.
- Water supply will be disrupted at the end of the work when we connect the new pipe and test it. This should only be for about 2–3 hours and you will be notified prior to this happening.
If constant water supply is critical for you or someone at your property, please contact the Downer team.
- When we are working in the intersection of Tuam Street and Saxon Street we will need to close Saxon Street. Access to Saxon Street will be via Cashel Street.
- Access will be maintained where possible to private properties and businesses. If you have any access issues then please speak to the crew on site, they will be happy to help.
- When we are digging in front of your property or business your vehicle access will be interrupted. If your vehicle access is blocked, we will aim to reinstate it between 6pm and 7am.
- There will not be any on-street parking on Tuam Street during work hours around the section we are working in. Our work hours are from 7am to 6pm. Parking availability will vary throughout the work.
- When there is no vehicle access to your property, please park your vehicles on the street outside the work area. You will be able to safely enter your property on foot or by bicycle.
We will try to keep any disruption to a minimum and we apologise for any inconvenience.
We appreciate your patience while we do this work.
For the location of road closures and major traffic impacts, refer to the Transport for Christchurch website.
- Please contact Downer on 0800 400 310 if you have any specific access requirements that we need to consider e.g. large vehicle deliveries, rubbish collection, or planned works on your property.
- Our work hours are Monday to Friday between the hours of 7.00am and 6.00pm. On occasions we may have to work on a Saturday to complete essential work.
- There will be increased noise, dust and vibration levels associated with this work.
- Works will have no planned impact on current power, telecommunication, water or gas services. However, the network is still fragile so please be prepared in case there is an unexpected service cut off.
- Safety is our number one priority. Safety is your responsibility too. Stay clear and stay alert—keep children and pets at a safe distance from the work site.
- Please put your rubbish and recycling out before 6:00pm the day before your collection. Our work crews will move your bins to the end of the street for collection and return the empty bins back to your property boundary. Please make sure your house number is visible on the bins so our crews can return the bins to the correct property.
If you have any urgent issues between Thursday 24 December 2015 and Tuesday 5 January 2016, please direct your calls to City Care on 03 941 7200. Outside these dates please contact the Downer team.
Wishing you a safe and happy holiday season.
Need more information?
- 0800 400 310