Landsdowne Terrace - Cashmere - water supply replacement and roading *Update*
- Repairs to the earthquake damaged water supply network and road.
- A section of road between 81 Landsdowne Terrace and Wedgewood Avenue.
- As early as Friday 8 January 2016 for about four months.
- The highlighted section of Landsdowne Terrace will be a priority give-way system.
Where we are working
What we are doing
In the New Year we will be repairing a section of the water supply network on Landsdowne Terrace. There will be two stages to the work. Firstly we will replace the earthquake damaged water supply pipe and install pressurised water mains. This stage will take approximately one month to complete.
We will then reconstruct the highlighted section of road on Landsdowne Terrace, which will take approximately two months to complete. There will be approximately a two–three month gap between the two stages of work, in which the traffic management on Landsdowne Terrace and Wedgewood Avenue will be removed.
A priority give-way system will be in place on this section of Landsdowne Terrace for the duration of our work. There may be occasion where access to your property may be restricted. A member of our team will be touch closer to the time if this is necessary. The intersection of Wedgewood Avenue and Landsdowne Terrace will be closed to through traffic. Access to Wedgewood Avenue will be maintained through Bowenvale Avenue.
We ask motorists to please be alert to changes in the traffic management, follow on-site signage and drive to the conditions.
Safety is our number one priority. Safety is your responsibility too. Stay clear and stay alert—keep children and pets at a safe distance from the work site.
We wanted to let you know
Please be aware our dates are subject to change, as repairing the earthquake damage to pipes, roads and bridges in our city is a big job.
We are getting there, but sometimes we run into problems part way through a project. These can cause unexpected delays or disrupt communities more than we thought. We will update you if there are any significant changes.
- All works are subject to favourable weather and on-site construction conditions.
- Our standard work hours are Monday to Friday between the hours of 7am to 6pm. We may also need to work weekends to carry out essential work.
- There will be increased noise, dust and vibration levels associated with this work. We will do our best to minimise these.
- If your property is within the traffic management area, please clearly label your bins with your street address and put the bins out by 5pm the night before your collection day so that our crew can move them to a suitable collection point.
- Please contact McConnell Dowell if you have any specific access requirements that we need to consider e.g. Nurse Maude, Meals on Wheels, or planned works on your property.
We apologise for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience while we do this work.
Need more information?
Contact the McConnell Dowell Infrastructure Rebuild Team
- Call McConnell Dowell on:
- 0508 718 719 (8.30am–5pm, Monday–Friday).
- Emergency calls will be diverted outside of these hours.
- Email McConnell Dowell:
- Visit the SCIRT website: