Idris Road - Fendalton - water supply replacement *Update*
- Connecting the new water main at night.
- The intersection of Idris Road and Glandovey Road.
- Tuesday 19 January overnight from 6pm to 7am.
Where we are working
As part of the water supply replacement work we will need to work overnight at the intersection of Glandovey Road and Idris Road. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
We are due to complete this project at the end of next week. We will seal our trenches with asphalt when we finish.
Please look out for changes to the traffic management layout as the crew moves around the intersection during the night's work.
What we are doing
- We will be working overnight from 6pm to 7am as we begin connecting the new and existing water mains.
- From 12–4am we will switch off the water supply, this will affect properties 83 to 99 on Glandovey Road. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause but it is a necessary part of our work at the intersection. Please have a supply of water collected if you need water between 12–4am.
- We will need to dig a small 2m × 2m hole as well as several small holes to locate services such as traffic light cables.
- There will be no right turn from Idris Road onto Glandovey Road when heading west.
- There will be no left turn from Idris Road onto Glandovey Road when heading west.
- There will be no entry for westbound traffic to Glandovey Road past the intersection of Glandovey Road and Idris Road.
- The intersection of Glandovey Road and Idris Road is very busy. Working at night will be much safer for the crews as the traffic volumes are minimal.
- As we will be working at night you can expect increased noise and lights so the crew can see what they are doing on the road.
- We know night works isn't easy so we will get the job finished as soon as possible.
- Please contact Fulton Hogan on 0800 277 3434 if you have any specific access requirements that we need to consider e.g. nurse/doctor visits, Meals on Wheels, or planned works on your property.
- Our standard work hours are Monday to Friday between the hours of 7.00am to 6.00pm.
- There will be increased noise, dust and vibration levels.
- From 2am–4am we will switch off the water supply, this will affect properties 83 to 99 on Glandovey Road.
- All works are subject to favourable weather and on-site construction conditions.
- Safety is our number one priority. Safety is your responsibility too. Stay clear and stay alert—keep children and pets at a safe distance from the work site. Always lock your car when parking and remove valuables. Any items left should be placed out of sight.
Need more information?
- Call Fulton Hogan on:
- 0800 277 34 34 (8.30am–5.00pm Monday–Friday)
- Email Fulton Hogan:
- Visit the SCIRT website: