Bowhill Road – North New Brighton – fresh water
We are replacing the water main and sub-mains in Bowhill Road, between Keyes Road and Grantley Street starting Tuesday 17 January 2012 for approximately six weeks.
The red line shows where the water main will be replaced.
Please be aware of the changed traffic conditions.
© OpenStreetMap contributors, CC-BY-SA
- We will be installing a new water main and where needed new sub-mains because the existing ones are damaged. The sub-mains will be installed along the property fence lines and hooked into the existing house meter boxes.
- The work will take place between 7.30am and 5.30pm, Monday to Saturday and is expected to finish by 24 February 2012. All works are subject to favourable weather and on-site construction conditions.
- The work may result in increased noise, dust and vibration levels because of truck movements and the use of excavators.
- Works will have little or no impact on current water services. A separate water shut off notice will be delivered to affected residents prior to any planned shut offs.
- Works will have an impact on traffic movements at Bowhill Road at the intersection with Keyes Road roundabout and Grantley Street. Traffic lanes will be shifted and managed by three way manual traffic control (‘stop’ and ‘go’ signs). In the first week southbound traffic on Grantley Street will be diverted to Shaw Avenue. On-street parking will be limited immediately adjacent to the work area.
- Vehicle access to properties for local residents will be maintained. Please contact us if you have any specific access requirements that we need to consider e.g. nurse/doctor visits, Meals on Wheels or planned works on your property.
- Stay safe and alert: keep children and pets at a safe distance from the work site. If you wish to speak to someone on site please go to the person furthest away from the moving machinery.
- If you have any questions about this work please contact Fulton Hogan on 0800 2773434 (8.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday) and we’ll be happy to help you. If you have any other questions about earthquake damaged infrastructure please contact the Christchurch City Council Contact Centre on (03) 9418999 or check our website: www.strongerchristchurch.govt.nz and sign up for our e-newsletter or twitter.
- We will endeavour to keep any disruption to a minimum. We appreciate your patience while we do this work.