Beachville Road - Redcliffs - Water Supply repair
- Re-laying a section of the water supply main.
- Northern end of Beachville Road, Redcliffs.
- Starting from Monday 1 February for about one month.
What we are doing
- Downer as part of SCIRT is currently working on Beachville Road repairing the earthquake damaged seawall and storm water system. Starting on Monday 1 February 2016 we will be re-laying the water supply main as shown in Map 1.
- This work will take about one month to finish, subject to favourable on-site and weather conditions.
- Water Supply will only be disrupted at the end of the work when we connect the new water main and test it. This disruption will be for about half a day and you will be notified prior to this happening.
- If constant water supply is critical to you, or someone at your property, please contact the Downer team.
- To minimise disruption as much as we can we will use a variety of traffic management set ups according to the situation on-site.
- These will include lane closures, priority give-ways and coned off areas in the middle of the street.
- There will be a reduction in parking along this section of Beachville Road up to the Celia Street intersection.
- It is likely that vehicle access to some properties will be blocked at times during this repair. We will notify you in advance if your vehicle access is going to be blocked.
Please check your mailbox regularly for updates on work in your street. If you would like to receive notification via email, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0800 400 310 and provide your name, address, email and phone number.
Starting as early as mid-February, Enable and Orion will be working on Beachville Road between numbers 84 and 126 laying fibre optic cable and diverting power lines underground in preparation for the coastal pathway. You will receive further notification closer to the time.
SCIRT Programme Statistics
84% of the whole SCIRT Programme Completed:
94% of Design Completed:
- Please contact Downer on 0800 400 310 if you have any specific access requirements that we need to consider e.g. large vehicle deliveries, rubbish collection, or planned works on your property.
- Our standard work hours are Monday to Friday between the hours of 7.00am and 6.00pm. On occasions we may have to work on a Saturday to complete essential work.
- There will be increased noise, dust and vibration levels associated with this work.
- Works will have no planned impact on current power, telecommunication, water or gas services. However, the network is still fragile so please be prepared in case there is an unexpected service cut off.
- All works are subject to favourable weather and on-site construction conditions.
- Safety is our number one priority. Safety is your responsibility too. Stay clear and stay alert—keep children and pets at a safe distance from the worksite.
- Please put your rubbish and recycling out before 6:00pm the day before your collection. Our work crews will move your bins for collection if necessary and return the empty bins back to your property boundary. Please make sure your house number is visible on the bins so our crews can return the bins to the correct property.
Need more information?
- Call Downer on:
- 0800 400 310 between 8.30am and 5.00pm Monday to Friday
- Email Downer:
- Visit the SCIRT website: