Richmond Hill Road - Richmond Hill - fresh water supply replacement
- Replace the earthquake damaged water main
- Richmond Hill Road, between 54 and 72, Richmond Hill
- Monday 25 January for around two months
Where we are working
A trench will be dug to replace the damaged water supply sub mains and lateral (house connection) pipes.
What we are doing
- The week of Monday 25 January we will begin service investigation work and installing temporary water mains in preparation for the fresh water supply repairs. A stop/go system will be in place for a few hours at times when we need to trench across the road to manage the traffic.
- We will repair the fresh water main using a technique called pipe bursting and open trenching. Pipe bursting involves digging small trenches and pulling a drill head through the existing pipe. The drill head breaks up the old pipe as it moves along the pipeline. The new piece of plastic pipe is pulled through behind the drill head, replacing the old pipe as it goes.
- The sub mains and lateral (house connection) pipes will repaired using open trenching.
- Driveway access will be unavailable if we need to trench past your driveway. If access cannot be maintained, we will leave an access restriction notice in your letterbox the day before.
Two-way traffic will be maintained with traffic lights, a stop/go system, or a priority give-way system past the work site.
If we need to shut off the water supply to your property, our sub-contractor City Care will notify you with a water shut off notice in your letterbox beforehand.
Sections of the footpath will be closed, please look out for signage that will indicate where to walk.
Example of traffic management
Traffic lights | Priority give-way
- Please contact Fulton Hogan on 0800 277 3434 if you have any specific access requirements that we need to consider e.g. nurse/doctor visits, Meals on Wheels, or planned works on your property.
- Our standard work hours are Monday to Friday between the hours of 7.00am to 6.00pm.
- There will be increased noise, dust and vibration levels.
- Works will have no planned impact on current power, telecommunication, water or gas services. However, the network is still fragile so please be prepared in case there is an unexpected service cut off.
- All works are subject to favourable weather and on-site construction conditions.
- Safety is our number one priority. Safety is your responsibility too. Stay clear and stay alert—keep children and pets at a safe distance from the work site.
Need more information?
- Call Fulton Hogan on:
- 0800 277 34 34 (8.30am–5.00pm Monday–Friday)
- Email Fulton Hogan:
- [email protected]
- Visit the SCIRT website: