Banks Avenue and North Parade Road – Shirley – Footpath
We will be completing footpath repairs and road carriageway levelling for approximately two weeks with work being completed by Monday 6 February.
This work was put on hold for some urgent repairs and recommences in April 2012.
The red circle indicates where the Banks Avenue and North Parade intersection will be repaved.
The thicker red lines on Banks Avenue and on part of Poulton Avenue indicate approximately where the road carriageways will be repaired.
The red lines either side of the road show where the kerb and channel will be repaired
Sourced from LINZ data, Crown copyright reserved
- This important emergency repair work commenced on Monday 23 January and is scheduled to be completed by Monday 6 February.
- Some footpaths will need to be closed so that City Care can carry out repairs. This is likely to be the area surrounding Banks Avenue School. Please follow directions onsite which will indicate which parts of the footpath will be closed. The footpath repairs surrounding Banks Avenue School should be complete before Monday 31 January.
- As the City Care team will be undertaking some work in the road carriageway, the shoulder of the road will be closed. We ask you to slow down and travel safely around the worksites and follow any onsite signage including 30kph signs.
- Normal traffic flow will be maintained throughout the duration of the works.
- The work will take place between 7am and 5pm, Monday to Friday, with some sealing work to be undertaken during the weekends.
- The work being undertaken may result in minor dust and noise.
- As a part of this work, access to your property may be limited for periods of time. Please contact us on the number shown below if you have specific access requirements that we need to consider e.g. the arrival of Nurse Maude, Meals on Wheels.
- All works are subject to favourable weather and on-site construction conditions.
- If you have any questions about this work please contact the City Care team on 0800 632 889 (7.30am to 5pm Monday to Friday) and we'll be happy to help you. If you have any other questions about earthquake damaged infrastructure please contact the Christchurch City Council Contact Centre on (03) 941 8999.
Every endeavour will be made to keep any disruption to a minimum. We apologise for any inconvenience this work may cause and appreciate your patience.