Garden Road - Holmwood Road - Fendalton Road - Merivale / Fendalton - wastewater repairs and fresh water supply repairs *Update*
This notice is an update for an earlier notice.
Where we are working
Sourced from LINZ data, Crown Copyright reserved.
Holmwood Road update
- Fulton Hogan and our subcontractor March Construction have finished our work in Holmwood Road.
- We have repaired 267 metres of wastewater pipe and have replaced 20 laterals (house pipe).
- After the new chip seal was put down we swept the excess chip off the road.
- In the next few weeks we will be seeding the berms damaged by the work in your street.
Fendalton Road update
- Although Holmwood Road wastewater repairs are complete the no-entry has had to remain in place until the Fendalton Road water main repairs are finished at the end of this week.
- The no-entry is due to be lifted as soon as the new main and the existing main are connected and the hole is sealed. At this stage Holmwood Road will fully reopen to two-way traffic. Thank you for your patience for this.
- The work in Garden Road is progressing well. We have installed 210 metres of new wastewater pipe and have replaced 12 lateral connections (house pipes). We still need to repair about 70 metres of wastewater pipe and replace 24 laterals. We expect to finish the wastewater main by the end of the month. We will complete the remaining laterals in April.
- In early April we will prep the road before putting a new chip seal in place over the trench line. You may notice excess chip initially but this will be swept within a week after the seal is put in place. At this time we will also sweep Holmwood Road one more time to collect any loose chip.
- Also, in April we will repair any berms that were damaged during the repairs in the street.
Fairleigh Kindergarten visit
SCIRT's Fulton Hogan delivery team visited the Fairleigh Kindergarten earlier last month when we were working outside of their premises.
The children were educated about keeping safe in the street, and played with digger toys, road cones and signs. Three-year-old Mathilda was so excited to meet real road workers and engineers, later that night she told her mother she no longer wanted to be a fairy when she grew up and instead wanted to be a 'gingineer'.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank every resident, builder, parent, teacher and child for their support and patience throughout the wastewater repairs on Holmwood Road and Garden Road.
It's because of your support that we have made such great progress in repairing the wastewater system.
SCIRT progress in Christchurch as a whole
86% of the whole SCIRT programme is complete.
- Please contact Fulton Hogan on 0800 277 3434 you have any specific access requirements that we need to consider e.g. nurse/doctor visits, Meals on Wheels, or planned works on your property.
- Our standard work hours are Monday to Saturday between the hours of 7.00am to 6.00pm.
- There will be increased noise, dust and vibration levels.
- Works will have no planned impact on current power, telecommunication, water or gas.
- Safety is our number one priority. Safety is your responsibility too. Stay clear and stay alert—keep children and pets at a safe distance from the work site.
Need more information?
- Call Fulton Hogan on:
- 0800 277 34 34 (8.30am–5.00pm Monday–Friday)
- Email Fulton Hogan:
- [email protected]
- Visit the SCIRT website: