Glendevere Terrace - Redcliffs - Water supply repair
- Replacing the earthquake damaged water supply pipe.
- Glendevere Terrace, Redcliffs.
- Starting Monday 11 April 2016 for about two weeks.
- Traffic impacts
- Glendevere Terrace will be closed to the general public.
- Resident vehicle access will be maintained.
What we are doing
- As you may know Downer is working in the Redcliffs area repairing earthquake damage to the roads, wastewater, storm water and water supply.
- We will be replacing the water supply pipe in Glendevere Terrace. Work will start on Monday 11 April and take about two weeks to finish.
- We will be using the open trenching method to replace this pipe. This is due to the curve in the street.
Water supply will be disrupted at the end of the work when we connect the new pipe and test it. This should only be for about 2–3 hours and you will be notified prior to this happening.
When this work is finished your water supply will be returned to full pressure and you will no longer have interruptions to your water supply.
If constant water supply is critical for you or someone at your property, please contact the Downer team.
- Glendevere Terrace will be closed to the general public while we do this work. We will maintain vehicle access to Glendevere Terrace for residents.
- We will do what we can to maintain vehicle access to private properties.
- When we are digging in front of your property your vehicle access will be interrupted. We will do what we can to reinstate your access at the end of each workday.
- There will not be any on street parking on Glendevere Terrace during work hours around the work-site. We will keep as much on-street parking as possible, the amount of parking available will vary throughout the work.
- When there is no vehicle access to your property, please park your vehicles on the street outside the work area. You will be able to safely enter your property on foot or by bicycle.
We will need to dig a large trench about 2 metres wide and between 1 and 1.5 metres deep to lay the new section of pipe.
Once the new pipe is laid the trench line will be backfilled and compacted.
Please note we will be returning to Glendevere Terrace at a later date to carry out road and footpath repairs. You will be notified by a work notice before these repairs begin.
- Please contact Downer on 0800 400 310 if you have any specific access requirements that we need to consider e.g. large vehicle deliveries, rubbish collection, or planned works on your property.
- Our standard work hours are Monday to Friday between the hours of 7.00am and 6.00pm. On rare occasions we may have to work on a Saturday to complete essential work.
- There will be increased noise, dust and vibration levels associated with this work.
- Safety is our number one priority. Safety is your responsibility too. Stay clear and stay alert—keep children and pets at a safe distance from the worksite.
Need More Information?
Contact Downer: 0800 400 310 or by email: [email protected]