Home › Beachville Road - Redcliffs - Seawall - Road closure
Beachville Road - Redcliffs - Seawall - Road closure
- Section of road closure.
- Southern corner of Beachville Road.
- Wednesday 20 April, for about 4 weeks.
What we are doing
- Downer as part of SCIRT is constructing the new seawall on Beachville Road to replace the one damaged in the 2011 earthquakes.
- From Wednesday 20 April, the southeastern corner of Beachville Road will be closed (see Map 1).
- This road closure will allow us to complete the final corner section of the seawall.
- Pedestrian access will be maintained throughout the road closure.
- We expect this road closure to last 4 weeks, subject to favourable on-site, and weather conditions.
- Residents from number 11 to 126 will have access to and from their properties via the north end of Beachville Road.
- Residents from number 1 to 10 will have access to and from their properties via the south end of Beachville Road.
- Existing traffic management along Beachville Road will be changed to make space for two lanes. This will allow two-way traffic on Beachville Road, up until where the road closure will be put in place.
- Please drive with caution and be alert to the changes in traffic management, follow signage on-site and drive to the changed conditions.
SCIRT programme statistics
86% of the whole SCIRT programme completed:
96% of design completed:
- Please contact Downer on 0800 400 310 if you have any specific access requirements that we need to consider e.g. large vehicle deliveries, rubbish collection, or planned works on your property.
- Our normal work hours are between 7am and 6pm Monday to Friday.
- There will be increased noise, dust and vibration levels associated with this work.
- Works will have no planned impact on current power, telecommunication, water or gas services. However, the network is still fragile so please be prepared in case there is an unexpected service cut off.
- All works are subject to favourable weather and on-site construction conditions.
- Safety is our number one priority. Safety is your responsibility too. Stay clear and stay alert—keep children and pets at a safe distance from the worksite.
Need more information?
- Call Downer on:
- 0800 400 310 between 8.30am and 5.00pm Monday to Friday
- Email Downer:
- [email protected]
- Visit the SCIRT website: