Glenstrae Road - Redcliffs - Slope stabilisation - Completion
- The work progressed very well and we are pleased to inform you that the repairs have been completed (see Photos 1 and 2, and Statistics).
- There will be other SCIRT repairs continuing in your area.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank the residents on Glenstrae Road for your patience and consideration while we have been working in your neighbourhood.
- The project involved:
- Installing 65 steel and fibreglass rock bolts to secure the cliff face.
- The removal of 9 trees.
- The removal of 185m³ of rock and soil.
- The pouring of 62m³ of concrete.
- The placement of a very large amount of steel to reinforce the wall.
Thank you! ☺
Photos 1 and 2 show the completed retaining wall and hand railing from the cliff side:
SCIRT's allocated work programme will be completed by December 2016. However, this is not the end of the rebuild programme. After this, Council and the Transport Agency will continue to repair and rebuild the remaining damaged infrastructure. The Council's Long Term Plan incorporates an extensive Council-led multi-million dollar recovery programme that continues the work for 30 years.
We are 88% through the SCIRT programme.
Need more information?
- 0800 400 310
- [email protected]