Mt Pleasant Road - Mt Pleasant - Retaining wall repairs - Completion
- Downer as part of SCIRT has been working on Mt Pleasant Road since September 2015 repairing the earthquake damaged retaining wall and completing minor road and footpath repairs.
- The work has progressed very well and we are pleased to inform you that the repairs to the retaining walls as well as the other associated repairs have been completed.
- There are a few minor repairs to the road surface to complete over the next 3–4 weeks.
- Reconstructing the earthquake damaged retaining wall has taken many months and many people to complete.
This project in numbers
- We have repaired 60m of stone wall
- Used 46m² of shotcrete
- Installed 56×3.5m long anchors through the existing wall
- Repaired 170m² of new footpath, and 100m of kerb and channel.
- Diverted the water main and installed a new pipe.
- Replaced 110m of pedestrian barrier.
The footpath and capping beam
Retaining wall beside #69 Mt Pleasant Road
Retaining wall beside #93 Mt Pleasant Road
SCIRT's allocated work programme will be completed by December 2016. However, this is not the end of the rebuild programme. After this, Council and the Transport Agency will continue to repair and rebuild the remaining damaged infrastructure. The Council's Long Term Plan incorporates an extensive Council-led multi–million dollar recovery programme that continues the work for 30 years.
We are 89% through the SCIRT programme.
Need more information
Contact Downer on 0800 400 310 or [email protected]